+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about this??

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    Notts County are seen by Forest Fans as an irritating little brother rather than a rival!
    Perspective is a wonderful thing isn't it? I always think of you lot as the irritating little brother who did well in his college years but has turned out to be just another old derelict.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Perspective is a wonderful thing isn't it? I always think of you lot as the irritating little brother who did well in his college years but has turned out to be just another old derelict.
    a footballing institution will always be a footballing institution Mr Swail.

a footballing institution will always be a footballing institution Mr Swail.
    I know, I know. When we were winning things you lot were still in nappies. Let's be honest here, we both deserve better than we currently enjoy.

I know, I know. When we were winning things you lot were still in nappies. Let's be honest here, we both deserve better than we currently enjoy.
    certainly do!
    At least when the chips are down your end you can always pop over the bridge for a good laugh 😫

Notts County are seen by Forest Fans as an irritating little brother rather than a rival!
    If Forest fans had any sense they would realise we are the big brother.

I've always thought of them more as a 5lutty elder sister who drops her knicks for the guy who's flashing the most cash???

certainly do!
    At least when the chips are down your end you can always pop over the bridge for a good laugh 😫

Don't bully meh !

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I've always thought of them more as a 5lutty elder sister who drops her knicks for the guy who's flashing the most cash???
    the 5lutty sister who doesn't know how to spend it!.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't agree with that at all. What has playing in the same division got to do with rivalry? Are you saying Bristol City and Bristol Rovers can't be rivals? When Rangers were demoted, did their rivalry with Celtic stop?
    Both Forest and Mansfield are local rivals, but it's hard to have a proper rivalry with a team you never play. Rivalries play out on the pitch, otherwise it's all just talk. When I was a kid, I don't remember there being any rivalry with Mansfield, simply because I don't remember us playing them in meaningful games. They were just the small team we beat in the County Cup semis. But now we're playing them most years, and losing most times, the rivalry has grown. Of course if we ever play Forest again, it'll mean way more than any game with them up the road, but that doesn't look like happening anymore.

And unsurprisingly we hate chesterfield more than anyone else. But hopefully they'll serve their time in the dopths of non league and we won't see them for a while. In the interim I'd happily consider notts as our main rival just to piss off the spires, who think that their main rivals are the blades, when.in actual fact it's more like alfreton.

As far as my rivalry with county goes, its friendly as it is with most stags fans, that's why I do t believe the two morons who attended your game are stags fans.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast