+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So was it a pen?

So was it a pen?

Ignoring for one minute who the foul was on according to lazy journalists who aint a clue who plays for the Millers, the highlights show a sneaky nudge on Wood's back when he was going in for the ball. Their defender-think it was their no 3-then tumbled on the floor to feign his innocence. Wood was adamant he was fouled and to be fair to Wood he is usually an honest player. And well done the linesmen he was flagging like mad straight away- no doubt in his mind the referee was not going to give it. How often do we get linesmen giving us pens so well done that man!

As for the pen itself, I wasn't sure that Manning was the right man but given our record on pens recently he was probably as good as bet as any. He sent the goalie the wrong way and tucked it away nicely. So well done Ryan which will boost his confidence as well

Some by the way are saying on twitter why did he kiss his badge when he is only on loan? I say why not it shows a bit of passion for the team/club he is playing for and who knows he may become a permo miller anyway in Jan. Yer never know.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-09-2018 at 10:54 AM.

I would've been disappointed if it had been awarded against us but as they say it evens itself up over the season.

I think it was more Scott Carson who sent Manning the right way. He was practitioner stood on his right hand post as Manning stepped up!

If qpr go down we may be his new club next year, maybe that’s why he kissed the badge?

For me it was a pen and an unnecessary pen to give away at that since Carson (derby keeper had it)

I sit very close to where the foul happened and I shouted penalty straight away, it was a definite push.

Watching it on the live link and I couldn't beleive that the defender pushed Wood. A clear pen that wouldn't have been given a couple of seasons ago.

seem it on sky sports there was a push.
    go by the rule book it's a penalty but more often than not there not given.

was deffo a sending off aswell

manning never missed apparently when it comes to penalties.

Easy for us to replay and view times over and yes for me it was a penalty.

Difficult for the Ref to see through a body of players and two going down. He has a split second to make a decision and thankfully his assistant correctly gave the right decision for the push in the back on Wood.

How often do you see soft pens like that given in European/premier games as the player knows how to feign it all. Thing is Wood is not a cheat an a honest chap and was clearly incensed for the shove on him, as he got himself in a good position to challenge for a header.

How many of those have we had over the years? Very well taken by Manning btw.

Stone Waller. Not even soft. A push is a foul Defender got caught wrong side...
    Other way around we would be saying wtf was mattock playing at...

There was 100% a push. It was directly in the lino's eye line too. As Cayton said it wasn't even a soft pen it was very blatant

No need for it just like there was no need for Lawrence's tackle but such is life and it's nice to have these decisions on our side for a change

I had a great view, and thought pen straight away. Was surprised the ref gave it, as he had allowed holding all the match. Good job the lino saw it. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast