+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our loanees

It's all about squad improvement without busting the budget.. if we can offload 4 and sign 4 of the loans plus keep within our wage budget then go for it... will we, urm no
    If vyner/rodak/Manning have a good 1/2 season then there's no chance of us signing them and will possibly go in January... Raggett has a long contract at Norwich and prob a wage to go with it

If towell plays well he will goto a team willing to pay him sim to what he's earning now. If he's crap and no champ team wants him we would be his last resort..

Our Chairman should prove he truly has progressive ambitions by agreeing NOW fees for Towell and Manning. Rodak should have been bought in January when he would have been less expensive but it still shouldn't stop us trying. Unfortunately I'm still to be convinced Mr Stewart has any intention of spending money.

Timber. If we sold ajayi in January and bought rodak/towell and Manning with the money. To you think that shows ambition by the club?

Cayton. Probably and would hope we might have £5 million at least to spare after buying all three !!! Ajayi will go for big big money ..... but are we that smart ?

Fee was undisclosed so Cardiff prob have a % in any sell on. 5 million would be nice in this mad footballing world

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Our Chairman should prove he truly has progressive ambitions by agreeing NOW fees for Towell and Manning. Rodak should have been bought in January when he would have been less expensive but it still shouldn't stop us trying. Unfortunately I'm still to be convinced Mr Stewart has any intention of spending money.
    We agreed the fee for Towell, wages were the stumbling block....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    We agreed the fee for Towell, wages were the stumbling block....
    Told it was only 150k. Value?

I'd only sell Ajayi if he was going for £2 million + , but knowing TS he'll let him go for 800k. I'd also only sell if we were guaranteed to get Manning and Towell on a permanent- they are 2 players we need in our starting 11

On the other hand, I think Ajayi's value will only go up, do we get giddy and sell him at the first "big" offer or risk waiting for something better? He is a great player and I would be sad to see him leave

Side note: A QPR fan was absolutely adamant on Twitter than Manning is contracted until 2020? Anyone clarify?

IMO, I don't think we've got any chance at all at getting Rodak permanently. He's an U21 international and is under a long-term deal with Fulham, who see him as a big part of their future. The lad is going to be a Premiership goalkeeper one day and I don't think Fulham would sell him for less than 5m, to be honest.

Ajayi's value right now has to be around at least 3m. He's got absolutely everything you want in a CB, and is the Rotherham player with the best chance of going on to play at a higher level. If he can keep up this level of performance without making as many mistakes, not only is he going to be the best player we've had in years, but he's going to make us a lot of money when a bigger team do come calling.

How well did Warne do to get him on loan from Cardiff, and then convince him to stay permanently despite losing every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post

Side note: A QPR fan was absolutely adamant on Twitter than Manning is contracted until 2020? Anyone clarify?
    Yes Ryan Manning signed a contract extension back in July 2017 to keep him at QPR till 2020.

Contracts mean very little....money that matters....money talks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast