+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our loanees

Our loanees

As far as Im aware, all loanees are "season long". But, does anybody know if any of them, or maybe all of them, have january recall options?

Be gutted if we lost manning or towell in january (and rodak of course).

I dunno for sure but I always thought that all year loans could be recalled in Jan. Expect the worst and hope for the best.Suppose if they are not particuarly pulling up any trees the parent clubs will let us keep em for the year but if they do a kieffer Moore and start standing out a bit thet will want em back either to flog em or keep em for themselves.

Doesn't the transfer window open in January? If so and they have all performed well for us, then why not be brave and offer to buy them but not with insulting derisory offers.

Chances are we wouldn't get Rodak as he is an international player and would probably demand a big fee. As for Manning/Towell they don't command a regular place with their parent clubs so may even want to leave them.

Think the main issue would be their wage demands.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think the main issue would be their wage demands.
    I think both Manning and Towell are out of contract at the end of the season. Can anyone add anything on this?

So if you're a player without a club at the end, wouldn't you rather take on an offer say from ourselves on a two year guaranteed wage albeit not as high as your previous contract or wait and hope someone comes in for you, knowing you've been a fringe/loan player almost all season?

Don't forget they both signed on with Prem clubs but QPR came down so Manning must expect a drop in wages. Towell is with a Prem club so expects a reasonably big wage but, again he's not made it in the first team so he surely has to also re think his demands.

Well yes you would hope sense would prevail Brin. Each players priorities are different. Some are happy to rot in reserves as long as they get their dosh others would sooner take a pay cut and even play at a lower level for regular footy. Look at Blackstock when he was here. I'm sure he would have been quite happy to see his 3 years out and not kick a ball in anger.

Roly, you could be right mate re the statutory jan recall. Now you've mentioned it, it does ring a bell that.

Brin, I'm with you on that front. Wouldn't it send a real statement of intent to our supporters if we signed ragget. Towell and manning on perms. Like you, don't think theres a cat in hells chance of rodak unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I think both Manning and Towell are out of contract at the end of the season. Can anyone add anything on this?

So if you're a player without a club at the end, wouldn't you rather take on an offer say from ourselves on a two year guaranteed wage albeit not as high as your previous contract or wait and hope someone comes in for you, knowing you've been a fringe/loan player almost all season?

Don't forget they both signed on with Prem clubs but QPR came down so Manning must expect a drop in wages. Towell is with a Prem club so expects a reasonably big wage but, again he's not made it in the first team so he surely has to also re think his demands.
    The reality is if another club makes an offer for them in January it's bound to be more than we're prepared to pay. It's the law ☹
    When did we last sign a loan player who had done well for us? I think it may have been Frecks.

We did well to bring Smithy in as a replacement for Kieffer, and we might need to do something similar again. I hope not, but let's hope that we are prepared for that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The reality is if another club makes an offer for them in January it's bound to be more than we're prepared to pay. It's the law ☹
    When did we last sign a loan player who had done well for us? I think it may have been Frecks.
    [Sigh] sadly I fear you could be right mellow. There are clubs in this division who could probably double the wages we'd be prepared to pay for said players just to have them as fringe/squad players.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast