+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When Burnley get relegated......

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    How about the other games when you weren't playing Cardiff or the side our reserves nearly beat away the other night?
    Was it effective then?

Don't forget all the grief we used to get when we did exactly the same under Allardyce and what stick you lot gave out?
    Aye fair enough Champs..

Whats Jabba the hut up to nowadays?

Probably Saxos personal trainer.. Lol

That good run didn't last. Burnley ship goals like crazy. I'd really fancy out chances against them. I don't think they are any better than us. The two clubs are heading in opposite directions

That good run didn't last. Burnley ship goals like crazy. I'd really fancy out chances against them. I don't think they are any better than us. The two clubs are heading in opposite directions
    Go easy on them this weekend eh Champs, they did lose the big battle of the 'Clarets' after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Go easy on them this weekend eh Champs, they did lose the big battle of the 'Clarets' after all.
    Ah I'm only playing they seemed a little unlucky yesterday actually. But they ship goals, and just aren't the same side this season. There's 2 worse sides in the league. No doubt. I'm not sure there are 3.

Ah I'm only playing they seemed a little unlucky yesterday actually. But they ship goals, and just aren't the same side this season. There's 2 worse sides in the league. No doubt. I'm not sure there are 3.
    I don't know much about the ginger growler Sean Dyche, but Im surprised to read some of their fans are now turning against him.
    So Alf, you know more than me/us of course, is that fair about Dyche already at this stage of the season ?.
    What I will suggest is that you still have a very good chance of finishing above rubbish like Cardiff & Huddersfield, so that means 1 more team have got to be beat, and that team might be Fulham!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know much about the ginger growler Sean Dyche, but Im surprised to read some of their fans are now turning against him.
    So Alf, you know more than me/us of course, is that fair about Dyche already at this stage of the season ?.
    What I will suggest is that you still have a very good chance of finishing above rubbish like Cardiff & Huddersfield, so that means 1 more team have got to be beat, and that team might be Fulham!.
    Their poor form has been since the tail end of last season, and carried on into this.. I understand the criticism, its not just about this season. Dyches problem(along with pulis, big Sam) is that folk may tolerate the brand of football when it's winning games, but when its not, its inevitable folk will get a bit cheesed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Their poor form has been since the tail end of last season, and carried on into this.. I understand the criticism, its not just about this season. Dyches problem(along with pulis, big Sam) is that folk may tolerate the brand of football when it's winning games, but when its not, its inevitable folk will get a bit cheesed off.
    Its funny you say that Sax because we're arguing now about our last two results... both 1-0 home wins against so called lesser teams, and both not particularly impressive performances either etc. So where do we draw the line eh on winning football, and entertaining football ?.

I wonder which division we will be in? I wonder if we will meet them in the Prem again? Maybe not. They are heading in one direction. And we are heading in the opposite. Think of all that talk about minding the gap. That didn't last very long? What gap? I bet they wish they had someone like Bradley Dack.

Burnley will be in that bottom 3 come May. They are awful.
    Im definitely coming round to your way of thinking Champs..

I'm not sure Burnley will be in the relegation-zone at the end of the season. They could be having their bad run at the right time.
    The BBC league-table, showing the last five games, is an eye-opener. If you look at the bottom seven, they have won only three of their last 35 games, between them!
    If you take the bottom ten, the win-tally is 10 out of 50 - and Brighton have got three of those!
    The gulf between the PL elite (soon to be the usual six) and the rest gets wider every year. I reckon Burnley are no worse than about six or seven others. It becomes a matter of how well you do against those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm not sure Burnley will be in the relegation-zone at the end of the season. They could be having their bad run at the right time.
    The BBC league-table, showing the last five games, is an eye-opener. If you look at the bottom seven, they have won only three of their last 35 games, between them!
    If you take the bottom ten, the win-tally is 10 out of 50 - and Brighton have got three of those!
    The gulf between the PL elite (soon to be the usual six) and the rest gets wider every year. I reckon Burnley are no worse than about six or seven others. It becomes a matter of how well you do against those around you.
    And here we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to go back up any time soon. But clearly we are heading back that way. If we went up too soon, we'd just be a Huddersfield or Cardiff. And that's worse than being in Div1. But the TV money will be welcomed by the Venkys. And I also think this time, they would spend big. And more wisely. By trusting the right person/people.
    But it's embarrassing the gulf in that league.
    City won 6-1 today. And 5-0 vrs Burnley the other week. That can't even be much fun for City fans to bother watching.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)