+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When Burnley get relegated......

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Im definitely coming round to your way of thinking Champs..
    It's like normal. You will have a small league of teams around you who you need to concentrate on beating. 2 will drop. Everyone knows who. Then it's from Fulham, Saints, you, Newcastle and a few others. As crap as Toon are they will gradually pull away.

It really does get farcical when a club looks nailed on for relegation at the start of November. As you say, though, Champs - there's always the money! The Huddersfield-Fulham game on Monday should be interesting!
    For Burnley, one win might turn things around. Saturday's game at Leicester is hard to predict, given the circumstances. The Leicester team might be a bit subdued. The Burnley players will have to be very professional and just put external events out of their minds.
    Wolves have now lost three in a row. Even they could get dragged into the dog-fight at the bottom.
    I can only see Bournemouth, Everton and Leicester being guaranteed mid-table comfort, while the usual six pull away.
    It really is two separate competitions.
    Bump the elite up into a European league, I say, and make the PL genuinely competitive again. No relegations from the PL in 2020, with the Championship top six all being promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I wonder which division we will be in? I wonder if we will meet them in the Prem again? Maybe not. They are heading in one direction. And we are heading in the opposite. Think of all that talk about minding the gap. That didn't last very long? What gap? I bet they wish they had someone like Bradley Dack.

Burnley will be in that bottom 3 come May. They are awful.
    Massive Arfs Champs,we are heading for mid table mediocracy after a fantastic second half to the season.. Another season guaranteed in the best league in the world with a 125 million plus reward ,whilst the Rovers will be fighting it out a relegation battle again next season.. Lol

Joking apart we have done really well to turn things around after Christmas ..If we could have done that all season we would be in a champions league place now..

Probably get relegated next season though..

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'm not sure Burnley will be in the relegation-zone at the end of the season. They could be having their bad run at the right time.
    The BBC league-table, showing the last five games, is an eye-opener. If you look at the bottom seven, they have won only three of their last 35 games, between them!
    If you take the bottom ten, the win-tally is 10 out of 50 - and Brighton have got three of those!
    The gulf between the PL elite (soon to be the usual six) and the rest gets wider every year. I reckon Burnley are no worse than about six or seven others. It becomes a matter of how well you do against those around you.
    You know your football Aucks..lol

As for next seasons Premship Alf, we can finally ask you now... Who do Burnsley want to go up there and go down from there, this season, or doesnt it matter ? lol.

You know your football Aucks..lol
    Looking back at those figures now, Alf, it's interesting that things have improved a bit for the bottom ten. In the last 50 games (between them), they have won 17, which isn't too bad. (Only two victories out of 15 for the bottom three is the telling statistic).
    The team which has fallen furthest since November is Brighton, but there hasn't really been THAT much change, with the bottom three the same.
    On the subject of my hobby-horse, though, we have virtually had a repeat of last season. Outside the top-six, Leicester and Everton have GDs of +1 and +2, respectively. All the rest have negative GDs.
    I know it's interesting and exciting to be in a relegation-battle sometimes, but should that involve eleven or twelve teams?
    I suspect the three who get promoted to the PL this season might be marginally stronger than Fulham and Huddersfield, but that probably means it will be even more of a dogfight.
    Obviously, the money is the key attraction, and I don't dispute the glamour of going to Old Trafford, etc, but I don't believe the PL meets the criteria for a truly competitive set of contests.
    Just the usual rant, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As for next seasons Premship Alf, we can finally ask you now... Who do Burnsley want to go up there and go down from there, this season, or doesnt it matter ? lol.
    would welcome anybody up but for Dirty leeds Acido.. ...Looks like they are going up though..boo

would welcome anybody up but for Dirty leeds Acido.. ...Looks like they are going up though..boo
    Ahh you know you like Leeds, secretly dont you Mr Alf ?.
    Its a tough choice for me/us because its either Leeds or Sheff Ure, I really dont know who to choose between them.
    As for pretend clarets lol, I think Aston Villingham have got to be one of the favourites in the play offs, but maybe this could be the year that Derby finally go up and dont bottle it!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ahh you know you like Leeds, secretly dont you Mr Alf ?.
    Its a tough choice for me/us because its either Leeds or Sheff Ure, I really dont know who to choose between them.
    As for pretend clarets lol, I think Aston Villingham have got to be one of the favourites in the play offs, but maybe this could be the year that Derby finally go up and dont bottle it!!.
    I predicted Derby for promotion at the start of the season, but they have been very inconsistent.
    When we played them last week, they didn't look a patch on the team we met in the earlier fixture.
    As someone born in the West Country, I'd love to see Bristol City go up, but - realistically - they'd probably just do a "Huddersfield"!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I predicted Derby for promotion at the start of the season, but they have been very inconsistent.
    When we played them last week, they didn't look a patch on the team we met in the earlier fixture.
    As someone born in the West Country, I'd love to see Bristol City go up, but - realistically - they'd probably just do a "Huddersfield"!
    Ahh thats where we have to disagree Aucks, because as a Barnsley fan you must know what I (and the rest of us) think about that scummy little sleazy slimeball manager Lee Johnson. There matey, have I made it clear there eh what I think about the Brizzle City boss ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 15-04-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)