+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No league home defeats ...

No league home defeats ...

....in over a year. After last night's result. Are Mowbray has only ever lost 4 Champ matches while managing Rovers.

If every 8 or 9 months we have an off day like we did at Bristol last week I shan't panic. As that would be ridiculous. Nor will I sit worrying about a set of fixtures that look hard in paper. We will simply keep quietly going about our business. Proving most weeks that we have nothing to fear. I'll let them all worry about us. And how to stop Dack. Another pathetic home crowd last night. Hopefully others join me in supporting the lads. We need it. And it's great.
    The poor crowds are the only negative in a club clearing heading in a positive direction.
    Who have one of the best records in English football.

I also believe this recent problem of conceeding goals on Free-kicks will be addressed. Because we have a manager who will do something.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    ....in over a year. After last night's result. Are Mowbray has only ever lost 4 Champ matches while managing Rovers.

If every 8 or 9 months we have an off day like we did at Bristol last week I shan't panic. As that would be ridiculous. Nor will I sit worrying about a set of fixtures that look hard in paper. We will simply keep quietly going about our business. Proving most weeks that we have nothing to fear. I'll let them all worry about us. And how to stop Dack. Another pathetic home crowd last night. Hopefully others join me in supporting the lads. We need it. And it's great.
    The poor crowds are the only negative in a club clearing heading in a positive direction.
    Who have one of the best records in English football.

I also believe this recent problem of conceeding goals on Free-kicks will be addressed. Because we have a manager who will do something.
    The crowd baffles me. I think I've been gone too long. There was a time when the match-day experience was the main buzz. I know all about the "Venky's effect" and I understand the financial pressures, but there is nothing to compare with that sense of anticipation and the "three o'clock feeling". I remember admitting - even in the depths - that I wouldn't have boycotted. I was just being honest, because I know I couldn't stay away as a matter of principle, as many fans did.
    I assume people will continue to trickle back, gradually, but it must be disheartening for TM, Waggott and the players.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    The crowd baffles me. I think I've been gone too long. There was a time when the match-day experience was the main buzz. I know all about the "Venky's effect" and I understand the financial pressures, but there is nothing to compare with that sense of anticipation and the "three o'clock feeling". I remember admitting - even in the depths - that I wouldn't have boycotted. I was just being honest, because I know I couldn't stay away as a matter of principle, as many fans did.
    I assume people will continue to trickle back, gradually, but it must be disheartening for TM, Waggott and the players.
    And I'll state it again.. We'll not get the gates we last enjoyed under Sam IMO.. The only way we'll get similar or better again would be with investment that would make us competitive to win trophies.. Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    And I'll state it again.. We'll not get the gates we last enjoyed under Sam IMO.. The only way we'll get similar or better again would be with investment that would make us competitive to win trophies.. Unlikely.
    No - I think those days are gone, but I reckon it's reasonable to expect 16/17000 home supporters.

This is something I have voiced concern over for quite while now .
    For me, we seem to have gone past a sort of ‘tipping point’, where previous swell of support (re post 95) has been lost.
    There are many reasons why I see it this way ; Sky, demographics, financial constraints,
    that Saturday 3 pm ‘habit’ you nostalgically refer to Aucks, being slowly consigned to history.
    Venkys still here, and in that, not likely to depart until monies recouped. which means post elevation back to Prem.

It's such a shame. People are missing out on such an exciting time.
    This is better than the Walker days.
    We didn't earnt the right to be fast tracked from midtable (old Div2) medicorosy and the odd play off failure, to going up and winning the Prem.
    It was all false, all built on a rich mans money. Nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers doing well, but a very rich man making a point. Who was prepared to spend almost all his personal wealth to win one league. Not lots!!! No, we stopped at one and said that enough! The whole thing was false, the new fans, the new ground, the few found fame. The ability to outspend Liverpool, Man Utd. Shearer didn't dream of playing for us! He probably didn't even know blac kburn had a fkn team! He came for money. Kenny came for money.
    Fans came to watch a winning side, who could buy any player in English football. They didn't care about Rovers. hence they left when things got tough.
    I hope those types never return. Fk them. They are false as Jack Walker winning a Prem title using just money.

The ride now is built on hard work, a great manager and bags of pride hard work and passion. And we came from a perilous position. I enjoyed watching Shearer in his hey day.
    Now is just as good, as we earnt this. We didn't before.

Venkys stopped doing the bad things so long ago now, its hard to actually remember. They don't come, have no say. All they do is invest. They have invested £100m and haven't asked for a penny of that back.
    They are investing in our future, they are investing in the present, and they are supporting a good manager.
    What are the yocals boycotting excactly? They are that thick, they probably have forgotten themselves. Its not exactly an affluent area. I can imagine the majority are as thick as two short planks, who don't have 2 pennys to rub together.

But I bet they found the money when we where beating the likes of Man Utd. I bet they managed that.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    It's such a shame. People are missing out on such an exciting time.
    This is better than the Walker days.
    We didn't earnt the right to be fast tracked from midtable (old Div2) medicorosy and the odd play off failure, to going up and winning the Prem.
    It was all false, all built on a rich mans money. Nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers doing well, but a very rich man making a point. Who was prepared to spend almost all his personal wealth to win one league. Not lots!!! No, we stopped at one and said that enough! The whole thing was false, the new fans, the new ground, the few found fame. The ability to outspend Liverpool, Man Utd. Shearer didn't dream of playing for us! He probably didn't even know blac kburn had a fkn team! He came for money. Kenny came for money.
    Fans came to watch a winning side, who could buy any player in English football. They didn't care about Rovers. hence they left when things got tough.
    I hope those types never return. Fk them. They are false as Jack Walker winning a Prem title using just money.

The ride now is built on hard work, a great manager and bags of pride hard work and passion. And we came from a perilous position. I enjoyed watching Shearer in his hey day.
    Now is just as good, as we earnt this. We didn't before.

Venkys stopped doing the bad things so long ago now, its hard to actually remember. They don't come, have no say. All they do is invest. They have invested £100m and haven't asked for a penny of that back.
    They are investing in our future, they are investing in the present, and they are supporting a good manager.
    What are the yocals boycotting excactly? They are that thick, they probably have forgotten themselves. Its not exactly an affluent area. I can imagine the majority are as thick as two short planks, who don't have 2 pennys to rub together.

But I bet they found the money when we where beating the likes of Man Utd. I bet they managed that.
    LOL.. That post'll get us stay always streaming back!

I come from a Wigan background, as a rugby fan long before I followed football. All my life I was used to my team winning.. I moved to Blackburn in 1991.. Started attending Rovers.. Again used to my team winning. Its taken a while to adjust to accepting being an also-ran at best.

You have to remember man city are just 20 miles away.. You can go and watch the worlds best manager with some of the worlds best players. How can we compete with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    You have to remember man city are just 20 miles away.. You can go and watch the worlds best manager with some of the worlds best players. How can we compete with that?
    City rarely sell out at home. They aren't that well supported. But know what you mean. Man U, City, Liverpool, Everton to name just a few. Sunderland, Wolves, Forest, Derby .....their fans never left them. It's Blackburn. And it's fans. Remember when every side used to visit Ewood, and sing in unison 'where were you when you where ****?' .....well they where right. Glory hunters. We had no real fan base before. Grew one because we bought a title. Then they all left once it got tough.
    The only embarasment at BRFC is the pathetic fan base. Not Venkys etc etc etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)