+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking for Supporters in Newark / Collingham area [for Lift to MK Dons]

Looking for Supporters in Newark / Collingham area [for Lift to MK Dons]

Hello all

I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Meadow Lane (from the US). My timing is poor this year, with only one home fixture during my stay.

I am willing to do an away match, since I’ve never done one before. Milton Keynes (Oct 23, Tues) is the only away match available to me. But I need travel help.

As you know, all public transportation from Nottingham stops before midnight. By the time a coach returns from Milton Keynes to Meadow Lane, it will be after 1am. I need your assistance to get back to Collingham.

Can you help?
    COYP
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-09-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Made it more likely to work hopefully ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Thin_Man View Post
    Hello all

I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Meadow Lane (from the US). My timing is poor this year, with only one home fixture during my stay.

I am willing to do an away match, since I’ve never done one before. Milton Keynes (Oct 23, Tues) is the only away match available to me. But I need travel help.

As you know, all public transportation from Nottingham stops before midnight. By the time a coach returns from Milton Keynes to Meadow Lane, it will be after 1am. I need your assistance to get back to Collingham.

Can you help?
    COYP
    "If I were you, I'd listen to the commentary on radio Nottingham"

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "If I were you, I'd listen to the commentary on radio Nottingham"
    Well, from the lack of responses, that looks like what I'll have to do.

That just shows how much of a shambles the club is in mate.i am sure someone will be along soon to tell me about true fans Theo.

Are you on Twitter? Might have more luck on there. Feel free to follow me @ncfcog and I'll spread the word see if that helps at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    That just shows how much of a shambles the club is in mate.i am sure someone will be along soon to tell me about true fans Theo.
    He might be better off posting with a more relevant subject line eg "Can anybody offer a lift from Newark to MK Dons match?" Also it's still a month away.

Do we have any supporters over there? Aren't they all Lincoln supporters? And if things don't change maybe nobody will be going to Milton Keynes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He might be better off posting with a more relevant subject line eg "Can anybody offer a lift from Newark to MK Dons match?"
    Adjusted the thread title to try and help as suggested

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Adjusted the thread title to try and help as suggested
    Thanks Swale.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Are you on Twitter? Might have more luck on there. Feel free to follow me @ncfcog and I'll spread the word see if that helps at all?
    Thanks, but I don't tweet. But, I think your account is down / gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He might be better off posting with a more relevant subject line eg "Can anybody offer a lift from Newark to MK Dons match?" Also it's still a month away.

Do we have any supporters over there? Aren't they all Lincoln supporters? And if things don't change maybe nobody will be going to Milton Keynes anyway.
    That's it. Other than the ride, I was also hoping to find others to bitch and moan with. No, I have not found Lincoln supporters. I know of a local pub that's for Forest.