+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Beattie

Kevin Beattie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-en...ffolk-45541588
    Gone at just 64.Rip to a fine footballer

What a magnificent player even as a youngster.

A potential world great if he’d stayed fit.

Probably the best defender this country has produced in the last 50 years,the “Duncan Edwards” of his position and his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What a magnificent player even as a youngster.

A potential world great if he’d stayed fit.

Probably the best defender this country has produced in the last 50 years,the “Duncan Edwards” of his position and his generation.

Bartley would not be fit to lace up his boots! Great player and makes you think of the absolute crap nowadays and the handbags at dawn - no to this pre-season tour - pissed arriving back to hotel at 6am.

Model professionals in past years and fkin money drabbing, disloyal, pansies in the year 2018!

Model professionals of past years? Worse than today, just less reported on. Wee Willie in 1978, Ossie smoking during matches, Albion squad refusing to train because it was too cold. George Best, well behaved young man. Big Jeff told many stories. One I recall was the players refusing to take to the pitch until the 2.55 horse race had finished.

Back in the day i watched Kevin play, with Baggies away and on match of the day.
    As a captain he led, he had hair on his head, he slept in a bed, and i think he was wed.
    He slept through the night, woke up when it was light, brushed his teeth white, had a shave and a shyte.
    But though he has gone, his name will live on, an Ipswich Town son, god bless you me mon.

It always makes me realise my own mortality when someone younger than me passes away. Such a shame his career was blighted by injuries and cut short, and then his life is cut short too. Tragic.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)