+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Can Tell We Are In The Same League As Donny Rovers This Season

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't mind the millers so much because they punch above their weight and they don't generally try to give it large .

Donny when they were on that run 15 years ago and beat us consistently for a while were totally different .

As luck would have it with me I worked in Donny at the time , ain't I the man with perfect timing .

Weren't they the new show in town and move over , feckin hell pass they had some front .

We were on our @ss at the time , proper garbage and they were better than us , feckin hell who wasn't .

We'd just got promoted back to the championship in 2006 .

" how the feck have you managed that , sticky dingles "

" because we finished in the top 6 and won the lottery of the play offs "

" you didn't deserve it "

" who cares "

" you'll come straight back down "

" well if we do your star player Mcindoe just made a bad move "

" how's that then "

" cos we've just him signed from you "

" feck off "

" read it and weep "

Feckin hell it made those defeats worthwhile that day , feckin devastated they were .
    nice.

I get what tha means mate wi Donny but thaz got to bear in mind how that club rose from virtual oblivion. I suppose they were entitled to be upbeat. Theyd had feck all to shart abart in years and although I hated it at the time I couldn't begrudge them it.

In the summer of 1997 we laiked em in a pre season friendly at Bellevue. That club was rockbottom of the 4th division, proper on its arse feytin just to keep in business whilst we were of course on top of the world having been newly promoted to the top flight. It seemed worlds apart the gulf between the two clubs at that time. Who'd a thowt 6 years later they'd do a league double over us and wed be recovering from financial meltdown? Certainly not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    They certainly became an annoying opponent Pass, because it felt like we were never going to beat them. Remember when they also won 2-5 at ours in the old JP trophy, and they were giving it the "can we play you every week chants!".
    The year we went up in 2005/06 they doubled us yet again .

No matter what we had on the park they still beat us .

Yes it was annoying personally because I worked with the feckers , although I didn't hear too much from them in their conference days , possibly because they didn't support them then .

The thing is at that time I popped along to watch em in the conference , put money in their buckets .

Kept it to myself but I'd seen more midweek Donny conference football than the ones who were taking the pyss out of me after they beat us regularly .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    nice.

I get what tha means mate wi Donny but thaz got to bear in mind how that club rose from virtual oblivion. I suppose they were entitled to be upbeat. Theyd had feck all to shart abart in years and although I hated it at the time I couldn't begrudge them it.

In the summer of 1997 we laiked em in a pre season friendly at Bellevue. That club was rockbottom of the 4th division, proper on its arse feytin just to keep in business whilst we were of course on top of the world having been newly promoted to the top flight. It seemed worlds apart the gulf between the two clubs at that time. Who'd a thowt 6 years later they'd do a league double over us and wed be recovering from financial meltdown? Certainly not me.
    Plenty in south yorkshire would dance on our grave mate , I take your sentiment but .....

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    They certainly became an annoying opponent Pass, because it felt like we were never going to beat them. Remember when they also won 2-5 at ours in the old JP trophy, and they were giving it the "can we play you every week chants!".
    It were very hard to stomach and they certainly let us know it. That amazing comeback in 2008 to win 4-1 with 10 men when Campbell Ryce had a stormer was sweet revenge. Brilliant afternoon was that

Its an obvious West Yorkshire thing for me Pass, based on where Im from and the friendly and sometimes tense rivalry I have with family and friends etc.
    Leeds are the team I like to see us beat the most. More than Sheff Weds & SheffUre actually

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It were very hard to stomach and they certainly let us know it. That amazing comeback in 2008 to win 4-1 with 10 men when Campbell Ryce had a stormer was sweet revenge. Brilliant afternoon was that
    I can still see Darren Moore taking the Donny lad out that day , one for the team or what , cleaned him out totally when he knew he was done for and the lad was in one on one to make it 2-0 Donny .

That goal from JCR was one of the great goals , ran 70 yards beating ump**** defenders and drilled it in the far corner .

Reight goal .

Sorry still don't see em' as rivals. Can't get up for Donny or Rotherham and nowt against Sheff Utd either (despite the Iain Hume incident). There's only Leeds fixture for me that I really feel it. Sheff Wed a bit, but deep down nowt against them either.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The year we went up in 2005/06 they doubled us yet again .

No matter what we had on the park they still beat us .

Yes it was annoying personally because I worked with the feckers , although I didn't hear too much from them in their conference days , possibly because they didn't support them then .

The thing is at that time I popped along to watch em in the conference , put money in their buckets .

Kept it to myself but I'd seen more midweek Donny conference football than the ones who were taking the pyss out of me after they beat us regularly .
    I actually went to support Donny in their playoff final at Stokes old ground , which they won to get back in the league, Carnt rrememba who they played tho ???

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I actually went to support Donny in their playoff final at Stokes old ground , which they won to get back in the league, Carnt rrememba who they played tho ???
    Dagenham and Redbridge 2003

They eddto laik booath teeams, wun straight after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Dagenham and Redbridge 2003

They eddto laik booath teeams, wun straight after the other.
    A wunt ev remembered that , sumdi spiked mi fruit juice several times that day tho

Av bin talking to Ali Miller's Mrs ( shewa frumpt barebooarns anorl ) Ali is strugglin to walk these days , a seem to remember a cracking goal ov his at old Belle Vue Grarnd , wa scooar 2-2 and crowd ovva 20k ennybody rememba ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast