+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You Can Tell We Are In The Same League As Donny Rovers This Season

Carnt remember that burracan remember a lovely free kick he floated into top corner frum just artside penalty area at Ponte End. If Hazard edda dun that today Martin Tyler addevvan orgasm. "Millar ! Oh my word! Have you ever seen anything like that !?"
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-09-2018 at 02:37 PM.

I think their attendances reflect their natural standing as a club which is low down the leagues . Historically they’re crap hence they get crap attendances . It takes a lot to keep fans interested and to keep going . For our size club we’ve had decent success , Rotherham I always think as being a bit above them and then us and maybe the likes of Huddersfield until recently have been bobbing around the same league so we always had similar size crowds .

Non of them clubs really bother me , Rovrum we raised plenty of cash to help restore their old ground, buckets , raffles etc , most local clubs tried to help them I believe ? Nothing in return from them when other local teams were struggling , nowt against them or any other local side, I've always considered us to be the better club In more ways than one , good luck to them all though , apart from when we cross paths ,,

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Carnt remember that burracan remember a lovely free kick he floated into top corner frum just artside penalty area at Ponte End. If Hazard edda dun that today Martin Tyler addevvan orgasm. "Millar ! Oh my word! Have you ever seen anything like that !?"
    Belle Vue september 1978 under new player manager Allan Clarke .

We came from 2 goals down to draw the game 2-2 , the game was covered by YTV and went out the next day .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Arr tha back oreyt , neighbours edda 20k caravan nicked in Thurny , cut thru 3 sets ov gates to gerrit ,
    😂 im surprised anybody had a caravan in thurnscoe worth 20k..
    I used to deliver papers up through goldthorpe and into thurnscoe..up to a little roundabout turn right and then left..good heavens..thought i was in Beirut...old trainers on phone wires tyres around gaslamp tops..in and out sharpish..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    �� im surprised anybody had a caravan in thurnscoe worth 20k..
    I used to deliver papers up through goldthorpe and into thurnscoe..up to a little roundabout turn right and then left..good heavens..thought i was in Beirut...old trainers on phone wires tyres around gaslamp tops..in and out sharpish..
    It was kept there for storage Milla , on the site which formerly sold Caravans , correct about it being ruff, i worked in that area for a number of years , like the wild west , in general though the people of Thurnscoe are fairly decent,

I think the road you may be referring to is Merrill Avenue ?
    Last edited by Romared; 18-09-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123