+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Beattie Has Passed Away

Kevin Beattie Has Passed Away

Aged 64 from a suspected heart attack .

This kid was some player for Ipswich Town and England in the mid to late 70's .

Blighted by a serious knee injury just when he was making his mark and was never the same player after that .

I remember watching England smash Scotland in 1975 5-1 and Beattie was unbelievable that day , immense talent .

RIP Kev , it didn't quite happen but you were some player .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-45541588

R I P Kevin Beattie, classy player , played in possibly the best Ipswich Town side I'd ever seen , shame that he had so many injuries ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    R I P Kevin Beattie, classy player , played in possibly the best Ipswich Town side I'd ever seen , shame that he had so many injuries ,
    Great side under Bobby Robson , Gates , Mariner , Brazil , Wark , Butcher , Mills , Muhren and Osman .

Very close to winning the league in 1981 and just fell short at the death .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aged 64 from a suspected heart attack .

This kid was some player for Ipswich Town and England in the mid to late 70's .

Blighted by a serious knee injury just when he was making his mark and was never the same player after that .

I remember watching England smash Scotland in 1975 5-1 and Beattie was unbelievable that day , immense talent .

RIP Kev , it didn't quite happen but you were some player .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-45541588
    The same could be said about many players playing for Robson. Look at John Wark playing for Liverpool,scoring goals for fun in a team better than any old Ipswich side Robbo managed. Matter of fact, Beattie was too good for Ipswich as were several players of that era, who also suffered playing for teams that made them look lesser than they were.

Quote Originally Posted by theojustice View Post
    The same could be said about many players playing for Robson. Look at John Wark playing for Liverpool,scoring goals for fun in a team better than any old Ipswich side Robbo managed. Matter of fact, Beattie was too good for Ipswich as were several players of that era, who also suffered playing for teams that made them look lesser than they were.
    "Any old ipswich side"
    You obviously never saw them play then..

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Great side under Bobby Robson , Gates , Mariner , Brazil , Wark , Butcher , Mills , Muhren and Osman .

Very close to winning the league in 1981 and just fell short at the death .
    That Ipswich side had 2 think Dutch players who were outstanding can not think of there names for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    That Ipswich side had 2 think Dutch players who were outstanding can not think of there names for the life of me.
    Arnold Muhren and Frans Thijssen. Late 70's. Continental players were a novelty then. Nar thur all o'ert oyle.