+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyche formations and reactions to change

Dyche formations and reactions to change

442 yesterday without any joy at all , a midfield that was chasing shadows really ( Jota was the extra man in there and had free reign to pick passes and find space.)
    Could we potentially play like them with a 3 at the back and wing backs ? Would probably suit Taylor and Lowton and give us the potential for extra man in middle to help Cork.
    Why we didn’t get an extra body in the middle when it was so apparent what was happening is beyond belief.

I’m a little concerned with our wide men as the rigid formation ( I can only think that this is what it is ) makes them come back to the half way line all the time ( narrowing play ) instead of going beyond full backs to deliver ball for Vokes woods Barnes.
    It doesn’t take the opposition long to work it out and that we will persist in knocking big ball to the front men as we have no width or pace.

Sean’s going to be busy I think because we’re in a rut ( tactically ) as he doesn’t seem as though he can or wants to change it - just think we have been worked out - regardless of not buying players the ones we have should be able to compete - I think tactically we are lacking ideas it’s not all the players fault.

Cork looked leggy to me yesterday and I have now lost all faith in Hendrick. We are up the creek and not a paddle in sight!

Lennon ain't doing it, but he's all we got unless we play a kid or wait until Brady is fit.

Tactically, we constantly struggle against 4-3-3, but SD carries on with just two against three. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Cork is leggy Bt but never has a chance imo as most teams that come to play us have the extra man centrally so he spends a lot of time chasing down balls he won’t win, is a bit worrying when you and me can both see what’s happening and yet we still persist doing the same things.
    I feel a bit for Lennon because previously he has tried to make runs in behind but we don’t give him the ball.
    Also for me the Ice man isn’t showing what he can

To me,it seems the PL has moved on significantly since last season and if anything we have took a step backwards.Even if and when Brady and D4 return I do not see that altering things massively.

Pretty much how I see it CiB, although I hope Brady and Defour can liven things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    To me,it seems the PL has moved on significantly since last season and if anything we have took a step backwards.Even if and when Brady and D4 return I do not see that altering things massively.
    That worries me as well CiB, we've dropped so far off the pace that even the return of Brady and Defour won't enable us to catch up.

OMG! Yesterday got us all on a proper downer!

BT --you speak for yourself!! I am never, ever on a downer, it is just not part of my personality. There is an up side to everything and I can always find it ---no matter what. The main thing to remember is that football is only a game, in spite of it having become big business for quite a number of clubs and raising their fans' expectations.
    Cheer up lads, life is too short to be miserable!

watching the games - especially against Wolves....was looking at the body language, they looked much more alive, agile, artful...whereas Burnley - looked awkward and ponderous...heavy and lacklustre - it's like the fire has gone - as if we're there but not there....perhaps that's what S.D meant in his aftermatch interview, when he talked about the "lack of confidence" and " a fog drops onto the group"....something he infers, was not helped by the "outside noise"....pressure from the "big noise" connected to the Europa games, a bombardment of negativity that seems to have upset the flow ?.....yet he says, they were very good on the training ground....plenty of "willingness and desire" - that make any sense ?....why is it that, that positivity doesn't transfer to the pitch...great fun perhaps, when they're kicking the ball at each other....but forget it when it's real, when the pressures on - where and when it matters...so seems simple to me - they just can't cope, so fall to pieces....then do just enough and wait for the whistle - and Thank God For That It's Over.
    Another thing S.D said " they have to earn it"....that's pull your finger out, it's time to ignite - if they have it in them that is.

Last edited by Norder; 17-09-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Only Newcastle are on the same points as us and they have played five of the top six whereas we have played one of the top six.We are in deep brown stuff but as Supersub say there is always an up side and football is only a game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)