+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT and 2 year plan

TTT and 2 year plan

TTT I think you are a smart guy but your suggestion that Laslo gets 2 years to gain us promotion just makes zero sense. It also completely ignores the fact that Laslo inherited a squad last year that was top of the league and he barely made the play offs (without Sturrocks 2 signings we would have missed out tbh).

Most managers in this league would be happy with our squad. We have seen now what a competent manager can do with a poor squad (Ayr and QoS this year, Livi and St Mirren last year). Laslo manages to create a whole that is less than sum of the parts. That is bad management.

If you honesltly believe that it will take 2 years from now for us to achieve promotion then implies that you think the Board will give him another year next year after he fails this year. There is absolutely zero chance of the supporters buying season tickets to support aa Laslo led team this year for his 3rd attempt of gaining promotion. Accordinly what will happen if your prediction about us not going up this year is true is that it will be another new manager appointed at the end of the saeaon and the inevitable rebuild of squad (with many players paid off as they are on 2 year deal).

So to take your prediction to its conclusion (the one where you say you never thought we could go up this year) there is only once sensible decision and that is to replace the manager now and at least have a chance of going up this year.

For whats its worth I would not hire any of the out of work managers that have been mentioned on here. I would 'tap up' Tommy Wright' and offering him carte blanche behind the scenes at united to do whatever it takes to get us promote. Sure, it will cost some cash in compo but the losses will be huge this year if we do not go up anyway. I cannot stand Tommy Wright but he would not put up with the displays we are getting from our players

It would also be a fyvie less attempt at promotion, as you can bet your bottom dollar that he'll be sold with a year of his contract left, to keep the wolf from the door. (Unless the Americans have turned up by then!!!!😂😂

Exactly, let's waste this season on a phuckin useless clown (let's be honest about it) , lose guys like Fyvie and have to replace them for next season

TTT's post about a second season, there's is not a realistic scenario whatsoever that will see Csaba starting next season as manager outwith promotion, which again isn't realistic under Csaba

The other danger about not hiring a new manager and leader of the team is not only wasting a curve if promotion this season but the damage sticking with Laszlo is doing to crowds and the mood about the place

Martin has to act soon or pressure will crank up on him eventually

If most managers in this league would be happy with our squad then Csaba has done something right then. I actually think when Fyvie gets properly up to speed we'll get on a good run. The run at the moment is decent but could be better and I think it will be soon. Your point about him getting the sack if we do't get promoted this season is probable but I'm not sure it's sensible as it depends on how it happens really. If we just miss out on the league title then don't get up via the playoffs by a midgies baw-hair then, in my opionion, it'd be crazy to get rid at that point.

I just think, at this stage, we are doing OK considering it was a full squad rebuild and it'll get better as the season progresses. If it doesn't and we get worse Csaba won't last. Ultimately it's all about results.

We won't just miss out on the title, we will be way behind the eventual winner by at least 10 point. Dundee United are by far the biggest club in that league so why are we sitting back and being so defensive. I'm not saying we have a right to win every game as in another post I went for a score draw on saturday but we should be having ago at every team we play. If we get beat having ago fair enough. The manager is scared to have a go in case he loses his job and in my eyes it's going to be him not having ago that loses him his job.

Could you imagine the state Celtic fans would be in if they defended against teams like Livingston Hamilton and St. Mirren.

And we know what will eventually happen.
    He’ll be sacked and p*ss off back to Hungary or wherever not giving a f*uck about the shambles he’s left behind.

He is clueless and yes he will not give a toss about us I can't believe there is people on here sticking up for that clown if they are happy watching this pshh then and knowing we will not get promoted they obviously don't care either this man is an idiot all he does is wave his hands in the air he has no management skills and he is utter clueless he leaves the subs to late he takes off wrong players so lazlo get to fcuk

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If most managers in this league would be happy with our squad then Csaba has done something right then. I actually think when Fyvie gets properly up to speed we'll get on a good run. The run at the moment is decent but could be better and I think it will be soon. Your point about him getting the sack if we do't get promoted this season is probable but I'm not sure it's sensible as it depends on how it happens really. If we just miss out on the league title then don't get up via the playoffs by a midgies baw-hair then, in my opionion, it'd be crazy to get rid at that point.

I just think, at this stage, we are doing OK considering it was a full squad rebuild and it'll get better as the season progresses. If it doesn't and we get worse Csaba won't last. Ultimately it's all about results.
    I just dont accept that the run is decent. If we had not got that last gasp equaliser that would have been 3 losses out of 4 at home already this season. I will give him credit for assembling a decent squad with the support again of the Board. You seem to be pinning our success on Fyvie. That is an incredible gamble given the injury he is coming back from.

Based on your own statements please assess the logic of your position.

1. We are unlikely to be promoted this year.
    2. Csaba is unlikely to be offered another year if we dont get promoted.
    3. We should keep him anyway.

On your own logic you are resigned to us looking for a new manager at the start of the next season. Please explain why it would not make more sense based on the above to just bring in someone else now?

Dinnae think Terry is to blame for 2 year plan tbh!!! 🤣

It makes sense to me to keep him for next season too, if that's what your are asking?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)