+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A run out for Defour

A run out for Defour

Good to see that Steven Defour is having a run out for the Under 23s against Bolton at Curzon Ashton this afternoon. The first half has just finished and we are leading 2-0 with goals from Agyei and McNeil.
    Defour has completed the first half but I would not be surprised to see him sit out the rest of the match and I sincerely hope that he has no after effects.
    Let's hope that we can hold on to the lead and move up the table. We have been scoring goals OK at this level but we have also been conceding a number too.

Defour is back on for the second half and it is McNeil who has been replaced by Chakwana. Watch this space!!

Defour came off after 60 minutes so we shall see how he feels after this gentle re-introduction to a competitive game. Still leading 2-0

I never thought Defour would play for us again and here he is fully healed and raring to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I never thought Defour would play for us again and here he is fully healed and raring to go.
    If only, he'll be few weeks away from full fitness yet at best. I didn't think the new, disciplined Defour was all that last season, but still the best option we have, it can only help if we can get him back up and running.

A bad foul by the Bolton number 8 has led to a bit of a confrontation with several players involved and resulted in our Ali Koiki and their Harry Brockbank being dismissed. Let's hope that it settles down again now.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 17-09-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Two players down injured leads to a lengthy delay and ends with N'Guessan being stretchered off but also being shown a red card for his challenge! Ten minuted plus added time to play and it is 9 Clarets v 10 Trotters. I'll bet that Steven Defour is pleased that he is now on the bench!

A good result in the end with a 2-0 win which takes us to within one point of Bolton who won the League last year. It looks as though it iwll be quite a tight league this season, although with calls on players being made you can never tell.
    Agyei has scored 4 goals in his last 7 matches and we have now played two successive matches and not conceded, although one of those was the Lancashire Senior Cup against Barrow.
    We play Hull next Monday at Curzon Ashton as things stand at the moment.

Always looks a class act to me Sinkov , never frightened to receive the ball if he’s marked or not, I think he has a controlling influence on games, wastes very little

Defour and Brady have been very sorely missed.

they are both very comfortable on the ball and can create stuff.

Both of these are missing at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)