+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lampard accepts improper conduct charge....

Lampard accepts improper conduct charge....

by doing so he will escape a touchline ban.

Derby County manager Frank Lampard has accepted a Football Association improper conduct charge after being sent to the stands at Rotherham.

Lampard was shown a red card after arguing with officials in the 77th minute of Saturday's 1-0 defeat.

The 40-year-old was protesting against a handball decision, having earlier seen midfielder Tom Lawrence sent off and a penalty awarded against his side.

Lampard faces a fine but is unlikely to be hit with a touchline ban.

"I need to go back to the rulebook myself because I do not want to be leaving the game," he said following the match.

"I was upset with a handball. If those are the rules, managers will get sent off every game.

"I like communication with officials but there was none of that. It wasn't a penalty. They got a soft one but we didn't get one."

Nothing to do with the fact he had walked 35+ yards to remonstrate with the assistant Referee. Get a grip Frank or your cred will soon disappear. Nice to see the FA looking after a known name by not banning him. To be fair though he is new to the role and will have to curb his temper if he wants to progress.

I was looking straight at Taylor and didn't see any handball, it brushed his left hip, his left hand appeared to be tucked behind his back.

My point being I had the same view as the linesman and a far better view than Lampard, so his argument doesn't hold water.

Frank Lampard was one of my favourite players but I lost a lot of respect for him on Saturday. His behaviour was simply unacceptable and, although he's accepted the improper conduct charge he hasn't shown any remorse or had the decency to apologise for his actions.

It's a bit strange behaviour from Lampard, as a player he was never sent off, and was hardly the vocal midfield enforcer, indeed he seemed a bit soft to me, maybe the extra pressure of management is tipping him over the edge....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    It's a bit strange behaviour from Lampard, as a player he was never sent off, and was hardly the vocal midfield enforcer, indeed he seemed a bit soft to me, maybe the extra pressure of management is tipping him over the edge....
    Lampard has been sent off twice in his 600+ games he played.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Lampard has been sent off twice in his 600+ games he played.
    Fair dos, i didn't check obviously just never struck me as not the type to go ranting...

Seen it all before great players dont allways make good managers to be honest i was dissappointed with Derby but they could not cope with us and Lampard probably thought it would be an easy 3points and his frustration boiled over how long will he last ??

MMM, Probably two yellow cards etc, never came across as a player with sheer malice who'd go for a straight red.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Seen it all before great players dont allways make good managers to be honest i was dissappointed with Derby but they could not cope with us and Lampard probably thought it would be an easy 3points and his frustration boiled over how long will he last ??
    Hotun, they probably saw him as someone from a big club who knows a good set up. He's obviously got his coaching badges but as seen that much he knows what he's doing in training.

It's having the skills to transfer all he knows up to Managerial level. He's already shown he's got a lot to learn but I feel they will be patient in his first season. They will however be looking for the play offs as a bare minimum.

During the game and at the same time as the sending off I thought that Vassel was lucky not to be sent off as well.

Lampard has to prove he's a good manager like he did as a player before he takes credit for owt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast