+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bartley should be dropped!

Bartley should be dropped!

Is anybody else of the opinion that Bartley should be left out, Dawson to replace him and Adarabioyo to play on the right side of the back three? I realise that Dawson hasn't been at his best but we all know what he is capable of. I'm just not impressed with Bartley and I feel that they'd be a more confident unit with Dawson and Hegazi together.
    I also feel that it is now time to play Field or Harper instead of Brunt. It's absolutely pointless playing Livermore and Barry together, one or the other, but not both, alongside one of the youngsters. I can't see it happening though as Moore appears set in his ways and will stick with the tried and tested. I realise that we don't see them in training but from watching the matches Brunt isn't the answer in central midfield and in all honesty has been poor. We really do need some younger legs to do the 'hard yards'. The rest of the side picks itself. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Is anybody else of the opinion that Bartley should be left out, Dawson to replace him and Adarabioyo to play on the right side of the back three? I realise that Dawson hasn't been at his best but we all know what he is capable of. I'm just not impressed with Bartley and I feel that they'd be a more confident unit with Dawson and Hegazi together.
    I also feel that it is now time to play Field or Harper instead of Brunt. It's absolutely pointless playing Livermore and Barry together, one or the other, but not both, alongside one of the youngsters. I can't see it happening though as Moore appears set in his ways and will stick with the tried and tested. I realise that we don't see them in training but from watching the matches Brunt isn't the answer in central midfield and in all honesty has been poor. We really do need some younger legs to do the 'hard yards'. The rest of the side picks itself. Just my opinion though.
    Yep I'm with you on Bartley. Its been mentioned on another thread, but I have no idea what he was trying to do for their penalty, not a clue. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt up until Friday, but that penalty and also because I don't think he's good enough technically means yes I would drop him.

In terms of our midfield, we need to do something. Ironically, I thought Brunt was our best CM on Friday. Moreso because Livermore and Barnes were poor. But it isn't working in there, I missed the Stoke game where I heard Livermore played a blinder. But we seem to be getting out run in the middle of the park, especially away from home. I always preferred Brunt over Livermore becuase I thought he offered us more on set pieces, so I'd probably drop Livermore for Field or Harper. We definitely need a change in the middle though.

100% yes. He needs to earn his place. (As does Brunty on current form)
    Still, if they both start on Tuesday, I nevertheless hope they perform well !

Hilarious that he was pointing to his head telling his teammates to think when he gave that penalty away lol

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)