+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Aldi are looking for some shelf stackers
    Now now SoccerJoe, there's no need to be impertinent!

We've played eight league games and the keeper has picked the ball out of the net twenty-four times (average thrice per game). Culverwell is only seven****, so I can see why you wouldn't want to risk him (for his own sake even), but why pay Pindroch when it seems the only way he can get into the team is if Fitzsimons gets crocked? Several people have expressed the opinion that Pindroch isn't the answer. Fair enough but, again, if that's so why keep him on? At the moment we're paying three keepers and only playing one of them, come what may.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This is starting to remind me of that season Derry went mad and signed pretty much anyone he could. Then Moniz came in and did the same. Why do we always end up with a bloated squad like this? And why do we still fail to address the obvious problems? For all those players, there's not a single competent keeper or ball-winning centre mid.
    After I’d finished completing the list it I thought the same in that it reminded me of the Derry season squad in a way on size alone.

We have got quality, but not in all areas and probably too much quantity in others.

I completely agree, even though there is a squad of 32 we are short of a goalkeeper and a spoiler/ball winning midfielder.

I’m hoping that over the coming months a regular 11 or 16 will emerge from this. But even so that’s still a lot of players sat around contributing nothing.

No doubt this season will result in there being plenty of deadwood to clear out next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    We've played eight league games and the keeper has picked the ball out of the net twenty-four times (average thrice per game). Culverwell is only seven****, so I can see why you wouldn't want to risk him (for his own sake even), but why pay Pindroch when it seems the only way he can get into the team is if Fitzsimons gets crocked? Several people have expressed the opinion that Pindroch isn't the answer. Fair enough but, again, if that's so why keep him on? At the moment we're paying three keepers and only playing one of them, come what may.
    I thought Pindroch was injured , pulled before the start of Grimsby game because he was injured etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I suspect Milsom will be made a pertinent move come January and some players will be be made available its just a matter of Hart & Kewell deciding who, when, how and who might take them.
    Pertinent? Surely you mean "permanent"?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Pertinent? Surely you mean "permanent"?
    It is impertinent to presume what is in someone else's head

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I thought Pindroch was injured , pulled before the start of Grimsby game because he was injured etc etc
    Think it was the Middlesbrough game when he got injured in the warm up. He was definitely on the bench against Stevenage, but would be a big gamble. No English league experience other than a couple of minutes after Fitz got sent off against Crawley in injury time last season.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    He was on the bench against Stevenage, so presumably fit to play. I hadn't realised until I read this thread that he's 26. I thought he was a youngster (well, he is, but you know what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Think it was the Middlesbrough game when he got injured in the warm up. He was definitely on the bench against Stevenage, but would be a big gamble. No English league experience other than a couple of minutes after Fitz got sent off against Crawley in injury time last season.
    Sorry, you beat me to it. That's what I mean... if he's such a big gamble that you can't play him even when you're shipping three goals a game, when can you? And given that he's 26 and has spent well over a year being coached by Crossley, when would he ever be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Sorry, you beat me to it. That's what I mean... if he's such a big gamble that you can't play him even when you're shipping three goals a game, when can you? And given that he's 26 and has spent well over a year being coached by Crossley, when would he ever be ready?
    Agreed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast