+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squad List

Personally I don't see why he doesn't get a start. We can't do any worse and he might take his chance and surprise everyone. Very little to lose by giving him a go!

Still say whilst Fitz is in goal we need to support to him, non of this negativity is helping him. I am going to put my neck on the line and say none of the goals were his fault Sat (not cost Big Al did too). First one he protects his front post and the finish is unconventional to say the least how he catches it and it bounces across the goal, second one (at the time I thought it was Fitzs fault) but he's thought about coming but actually made the decision quite quickly not to and is positioned right I think but it's just a very good header, he could av been 6ft 4 and not got that and the third clearly isn't his fault. Granted he flapped badly at a cross first half and yes kicking the ball at the striker wasn't great but it was also his kicking that lead to our third goal.

In all unblinkered honesty I have to agree, to a degree.
    The first was a cross/mis h i t (ffs) pass outside the 6yd box followed by a scuff strike into goal, Fitz went the right way anticipating a cleanly struck shot.
    The second a good cross followed by a good header followed by a less than instinctive response from the keeper (but this is Div2 not the Prem).
    The third piss poor marking and a shot into the turf! It either goes in or misses, any keeper in Div 1/2 would probably suffer the same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    In all unblinkered honesty I have to agree, to a degree.
    The first was a cross/mis h i t (ffs) pass outside the 6yd box followed by a scuff strike into goal, Fitz went the right way anticipating a cleanly struck shot.
    The second a good cross followed by a good header followed by a less than instinctive response from the keeper (but this is Div2 not the Prem).
    The third piss poor marking and a shot into the turf! It either goes in or misses, any keeper in Div 1/2 would probably suffer the same fate.
    The second goal had his name all over it !!! ,
    how he was beat at that angle at the far post is beyond me , he was so unbalanced that when it came across him he could not move to get it !!!
    the third a lofted cross to the back post ( the ball seemed to hang in the air)I believe , a good keeper that commands his box would have come to punch it clear .........

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The second goal had his name all over it !!! ,
    how he was beat at that angle at the far post is beyond me , he was so unbalanced that when it came across him he could not move to get it !!!
    the third a lofted cross to the back post ( the ball seemed to hang in the air)I believe , a good keeper that commands his box would have come to punch it clear .........
    Well your points only illustrate the lack of confidence the guy has because of the stick he is getting. And the gulf in ability between a "good" keeper and a bog standard div 2 (4) keeper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123