+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clark Robertson rules out

Clark Robertson rules out

as you have prob read Clark Robertson is ruled out for a while with a long standing groin problem.

he played through the pain and problem last season.

was we aware of the problem?
    did it not come up on a medical?

Very strange,i agree. Especially when we managed to find some miniscule medical reason for pulling out of the deal for the Cambridge player.

We,ve still got an option to put Zac Vyner at CB and Billy Jones at RB if Woody gets tired, injured or banned

Saw Billy Jones pre season against Cardiff, looks the part so why not give him a run?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Saw Billy Jones pre season against Cardiff, looks the part so why not give him a run?
    Guess what? Rumoured to be not fully fit!
    Surely we've got to make a "free agent" defensive cover signing now? (hope Warney can do better than the last time when that Swedish bloke we signed didn't even last for one full game!) Letting Ihiekwe go out on loan now not looking like a good idea, but I don't think that we can bring him back until January - it's a long way off!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-09-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Yep Vyner is an option he played there for Plymouth and apparently well. The other option is Vaulks of course who has played there as well but hopefully this would be a last resort. The problem is can Woody last for a few weeks without getting suspended or knacked? We are gonna have to hope we can get through to the next international break and maybe beyond with no more probs in central defence.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-09-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Guess what? Rumoured to be not fully fit!
    Surely we've got to make a "free agent" defensive cover signing now? (hope Warney can do better than the last time when that Swedish bloke we signed didn't even last for one full game!) Letting Ihiekwe go out on loan now not looking like a good idea, but I don't think that we can bring him back until January - it's a long way off!
    I understand that Warne has had little choice about letting players go out on loan as he had been told he would have to do that before bringing players in. Also he couldn't possibly have known that Raggett would suffer a relatively long term injury but the Robertson and Jones situations are both strange.
    I also understand that TS was not happy that Forde hasn't been sent out on loan.