+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who finally got their hands on this?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Only thing I vaguely remember about the Windmill is the ' strippers ' on a Sunday dinnertime....

and the ' knee trembler ' on a Friday night...

Hope the Millmoor Pub sign went to a good home.
    LOL, Last "knee trembler" tha had Frank wer wen tha bought your kid a pint.

We did try to form a human pyramid after a drunken visit to town, to 'rescue'Ronnie. Sadly, we failed. M

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    I was just 18 when "The Windmill" opened, you had to be a member to get in,remember Eddie Buchanan being the compere, he later went on to work at the London Palladium, saw some good bands on friday nights (Mud when they first started),saturday nights was Cabaret night (more for older end) then Tuesday was Disco night full to raffters, thats when people used to come from Sheff, Barnsley, and Donny now its other way round, all players used to go in after Tuesday neet games, Hot-Pants, sausage n chips in a basket,them were the days LOL
    Went a couple of times with the boulton twins,soup in a basket made a right mess of my Levi staypress.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    LOL, Last "knee trembler" tha had Frank wer wen tha bought your kid a pint.
    Offered him one the other day ( a drink not a knee trembler ) and he turned it down Archie.
    He still owes me for a drink when we were in Bulgaria, the season we knocked six past Millwall....happy days.

Remember Mud at the Windmill and unless my memory is letting me down I think the Windmill had a football team in the local leagues.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 18-09-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Went a couple of times with the boulton twins,soup in a basket made a right mess of my Levi staypress.
    The Bolton twins made a mess of your Levi staypress lolmorgan ?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    The Bolton twins made a mess of your Levi staypress lolmorgan ?
    That would be wishful thinking on my part.

Saw Bernard Manning at the Windmill, he was brilliant. He stood at the bar and had a few pints afterwards chatting to everyone. He wouldn't get away with most of the jokes he told nowadays though.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Saw Bernard Manning at the Windmill, he was brilliant. He stood at the bar and had a few pints afterwards chatting to everyone. He wouldn't get away with most of the jokes he told nowadays though.
    Me and ah kid were in audience that neet sota, we tried heckling Mr Manning he was Man City fan, he shouted back to us "who do you lads support"? ah kid shouts Rotherham, he replys "yall not be uwst to a phukin crowd then" got biggest laugh at neet. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Thats what we called a wet dream LOLmorgan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12