+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who finally got their hands on this?

Who finally got their hands on this?

Wow King Ronnie now that’s just brought back loads of memories.

or who knew this when it was the Windmill club when acts like Bob Monkhouse and Paul Daniels performed there.?

Some knew it early on in the 70's/80's as the Tivoli nightclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Brin, it's a sad comment on the lack of enterprise among RUFC supporters. The sign was still on the pub months after it was closed and boarded up. Compare this to railway enthusiasts: all the Dent station signs were pinched in a commando style raid the night after it's closure was announced!

Aye but we don't have criminals in Rotherham Monts!

Good grief !!!

Where's his hat ?

Seriously though , he got some much stick from us because he was a threat , a big threat .

Opposition fans don't single out your opponents bad players .

I’m sure we had a thread about this (probs a few years back) where I’m almost certain that a poster either owns it or knew who owned it .

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’m sure we had a thread about this (probs a few years back) where I’m almost certain that a poster either owns it or knew who owned it .
    You're righ there was a thread back in early 2014 when it was being demolished. Scum reckoned the sign was on the floor and a couple of builders were taking it. Can't remember anyone saying who got it though. May have been another thread I can't remember.

or who knew this when it was the Windmill club when acts like Bob Monkhouse and Paul Daniels performed there.?

Some knew it early on in the 70's/80's as the Tivoli nightclub.

I was just 18 when "The Windmill" opened, you had to be a member to get in,remember Eddie Buchanan being the compere, he later went on to work at the London Palladium, saw some good bands on friday nights (Mud when they first started),saturday nights was Cabaret night (more for older end) then Tuesday was Disco night full to raffters, thats when people used to come from Sheff, Barnsley, and Donny now its other way round, all players used to go in after Tuesday neet games, Hot-Pants, sausage n chips in a basket,them were the days LOL
    Last edited by Archiemiller; 18-09-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Only thing I vaguely remember about the Windmill is the ' strippers ' on a Sunday dinnertime....

and the ' knee trembler ' on a Friday night...

Hope the Millmoor Pub sign went to a good home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast