+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike McCarthy: not a good start...

Mike McCarthy: not a good start...

Now Rob Staton has left dee dar for pastures new I was hoping Praise and Grumble might improve but it dunt look like it from today's showing. The new presenter managed to play the piggys equaliser and the blunts game goal but just a brief mention of our winner and Donnys thrashing of Walsall at the weekend at the top of the show. But I thought no worries Brian and Paul the millers will be at least on after our win on Saturday much though they do irritate me. Lo and behold, not one millers fan came on the prog with the best effort an admittedly complimentary blunts fan who had been to NYS on Saturday. The rest of the show was taken up largely by blunts and piggy fans who really didn't have much to comment about with their poor showings at the weekend.

To be fair to Mike Mc Carthy he could very well have been told by the powers that be that, on his debut at least, he must ensure that the Sheffield fans know that under his tenure they will still be well catered for in the new scheme of things ie nowt will change..

Of course, i could be miles off with this and just being a cynical old hector. Maybe I am,but I would be surprised if I was not reight given how that show has operated in the past.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

On a similar subject I thought deedar wasn’t covering piggy games due to the piggies refusing the decrease in radio broadcast money? How come they broadcast the stoke game live then did it get sorted in the end?

Dunno but I knew Rob Staton would have to be at that one for his last commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Dunno but I knew Rob Staton would have to be at that one for his last commentary.
    Yes, it was announced on Radio DeeDah a few days ago (to their obvious delight) that an Owl's commentary deal with the BBC had been agreed. The only significant comment on "Wednesday Heaven" today on our match came from the Blade "2-1 Ken" who was at our match on Saturday , but even then the presenter managed to distract him with other stuff, so he ended up hardly saying anything in detail about it, other than we deserved to win. At least he could have asked Ken - "Were you disappointed that the score wasn't 2-1?"
    Verdict so far on Mike McCarthy - not as good as his dad!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-09-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Over half of football supporters in this region support the Sheffield teams. I think they reflect this quite accurately. If there is a lack of Millers' callers, pick up the phone. If angry about it, don't listen.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Over half of football supporters in this region support the Sheffield teams. I think they reflect this quite accurately. If there is a lack of Millers' callers, pick up the phone. If angry about it, don't listen.
    What Jock said....havent tuned in for years now...

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Yes but then mikemiller would not have any thing to fecking moan about,Oops forgot kempo & his alias,s keep him occupied.

Yep I agree we don't know whether they don't give millers callers the air time because there may not have been any ringing up. If you want more representation the only way to do it is ring in, but I can't really talk as I listen a lot but don't ring up though do send in the odd email.

As for Mike McCarthy he comes across as a good fair presenter.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What Jock said....havent tuned in for years now...
    Nor me

The name of the radio station is a clue.
    I haven't listened to it for years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast