+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contracts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Forrester starting to look the really obvious howler. Seen nothing to suggest he can make a decent contribution. Early days, but I'm struggling to remember anyone who turned into a player here after a start as insipid as his. Delighted to be proved wrong.

I'm not a Mcinnes critic, but by his own admission he had a poor summer window in 2017 and it increasingly looks like he's followed it up with another. If you gamble on a lot of guys with a history of injuries you can hardly complain that you've been unlucky with injuries.
    Fair assesment, on both paragraphs.

Whilst you can never be 100% sure about any new players, to pay money for this Forrester fella and also give him a 3 yr contract, is looking more and more like a mistake on a grand scale like the Tansey one.

There's no question that DM is not performing well lately in his transfer dealings. Whether that is enough to issue a P45 is hugely debatable but maybe an official disciplinary from his line manager should be issued!

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Fair assesment, on both paragraphs.

Whilst you can never be 100% sure about any new players, to pay money for this Forrester fella and also give him a 3 yr contract, is looking more and more like a mistake on a grand scale like the Tansey one.

There's no question that DM is not performing well lately in his transfer dealings. Whether that is enough to issue a P45 is hugely debatable but maybe an official disciplinary from his line manager should be issued!
    Put it this way, if we sold McKenna for say £7m, it's accepted that the vast majority would go to the new stadium.
    Say £6m went there....and £1m was given to DM....
    would you trust him to spend it well?
    I wouldn't given he spunked £600k on May & Forrester and his record generally in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I wouldn't given he spunked £600k on May & Forrester and his record generally in the last two years.
    I challenge you to show who thought going for May was not worth going for before he signed for us.
    I think most thought it was worth it.

How do you feel about him securing GMS for £150k?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I challenge you to show who thought going for May was not worth going for before he signed for us.

There were a few folk on here albeit I wasn't one of them. DM should know better than any of us though shouldn't he?

GMS is a good player, another I was happy to have sign for us. Doesn't deflect from the shoddy signings elsewhere.

Don't know if this site goes as far back as August 2017, but if it does, it's all there on record - those of us who stated that Alex Neill knew that May was a busted flush.

GMS for £150K was a good deal, but on a two yr contract? Very unusual to do such a thing, normally 3 years minimum, when a fee is involved.

Put it this way, if we sold McKenna for say £7m, it's accepted that the vast majority would go to the new stadium.
    Say £6m went there....and £1m was given to DM....
    would you trust him to spend it well?
    DM has a very patchy transfer record in general, but over the last 15 months, its bordering on catastrophic.

And when you look at other managers' activity, on a far far less budget, he's underperforming. Of that there is zero doubt.

His "buy local" policy is hindering him too, and that also needs to be addressed from above.

you "challenge" me? - pistols at dawn?
    I really can't be a*sed looking.
    There were a few dissenters given his horrific knee injury.
    And besides, his judgement has ultimately been proven to be awful.
    Notice you have made no comment on Forrester, albeit he can't be written off yet, I accept that.

As for GMS, a good signing, albeit it looks as though he won't be here beyond the summer?

I'd say generally his record is 1 in 3 for good to bad.
    A manager will "live or die" by his recruitment and DM's has been pretty poor the last two summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    DM has a very patchy transfer record in general, but over the last 15 months, its bordering on catastrophic.

And when you look at other managers' activity, on a far far less budget, he's underperforming. Of that there is zero doubt.

His "buy local" policy is hindering him too, and that also needs to be addressed from above.
    I agree - fishing in the English pond almost exclusively is both prohibitive and expensive.
    One of the apparent benefits of the DNA was to expand the scouting, so we'll need to wait and see on that.
    However, if DM is to stay, and his preference is British/Irish, then I wouldn't expect it to change too much.
    I'm pretty sure, unless we have a catastrophic season, he'll be here until some part of next season at the least, so we'll have another summer window to "endure".

you "challenge" me? - pistols at dawn?
    I really can't be a*sed looking.
    There were a few dissenters given his horrific knee injury.
    Can't be ars*ed.......
    There were a few dissenters.........
    Were you a dissenter?

And besides, his judgement has ultimately been proven to be awful.
    With the budget he has, he has to take risks.
    He has in general did well with taking in proven SPFL quality who failed to capitalise elsewhere, but I agree out with that, there's not been many that have outperformed their level.

Notice you have made no comment on Forrester, albeit he can't be written off yet, I accept that.
    I didn't comment on him as we've not seen enough of him yet.
    Hampered by an injury pre-season and will give him time to settle / show his worth.

As for GMS, a good signing, albeit it looks as though he won't be here beyond the summer?
    Possibly so, but I wonder where he will go that he gets the opportunity to thrive as he does here.
    I'm not convinced England will suit him.

I'd say generally his record is 1 in 3 for good to bad.
    A manager will "live or die" by his recruitment and DM's has been pretty poor the last two summers.
    It does seem to be getting tougher

Can't be ars*ed.......
    There were a few dissenters.........
    Were you a dissenter?

With the budget he has, he has to take risks.
    He has in general did well with taking in proven SPFL quality who failed to capitalise elsewhere, but I agree out with that, there's not been many that have outperformed their level.

I didn't comment on him as we've not seen enough of him yet.
    Hampered by an injury pre-season and will give him time to settle / show his worth.

Possibly so, but I wonder where he will go that he gets the opportunity to thrive as he does here.
    I'm not convinced England will suit him.

It does seem to be getting tougher
    - I was a "doubter" due to the horrific injury he suffered, as opposed to a dissenter - I was touting Louis Moult instead

- He takes too many risks with injury prone players who have a history of missing a lot of games.

- Re Forrester, agreed - he'll get until the next transfer window to show something or else we cut our losses IMO

- He's too soft for lower league English football - would like him to re-sign here, but get the impression that would've happened by now (ditto Shinnie incidentally). Think GMS fancies a go in England.

- It's getting tougher because of the myopic approach we have to recruitment, and also, as I've said before, Russ Richardson appears to be pretty weak as a "head of recruitment"
    If we saw a list of all the players signed by DM, including all the sh1te loans, I reckon he'd be a 1 in 3 in terms of success.
    Not good enough.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast