+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Contracts

Despite the fact he strikes me as the kinda guy who would have been in hospital all the time when he was younger with various coloured crayons up his nose, I think GMS is intelligent enough to know he is hitting a good bit of form at the moment and to move anywhere else would be a huge gamble.

He wont be going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Despite the fact he strikes me as the kinda guy who would have been in hospital all the time when he was younger with various coloured crayons up his nose, I think GMS is intelligent enough to know he is hitting a good bit of form at the moment and to move anywhere else would be a huge gamble.

He wont be going anywhere.
    I'd believe he'd be intelligent enough to understand that having form might not mean much, since we are a team in decline, who may make him a derisory offer (minimal pay increase), when he's due probably one more good contract that he could pick up in England....

I don't want him to go, but money talks these days.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    I'd believe he'd be intelligent enough to understand that having form might not mean much, since we are a team in decline, who may make him a derisory offer (minimal pay increase), when he's due probably one more good contract that he could pick up in England....

I don't want him to go, but money talks these days.
    ^^^^ Totally agree,money talks and i think he will be offski

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Oh aye, that two lines in the EE are conclusive, he's away!!

Unless you are GMS, DM, or an agent, then nae cnut knows
    I'm just winding you up, didnae pish your pants...I only mentioned that Shinnie wasn't signing again and that came from someone in the media

Although, I don't think GMS will sign either but that's my own thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I'm just winding you up, didnae pish your pants...I only mentioned that Shinnie wasn't signing again and that came from someone in the media

Although, I don't think GMS will sign either but that's my own thoughts
    We paid money for him and he was only prepared to sign a 2 year contract he will.only stay if he doesn't get a better offer

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    We paid money for him and he was only prepared to sign a 2 year contract he will.only stay if he doesn't get a better offer
    I think that's a fair, if obvious, assessment of the situation.

I read a lot about both Shinnie and GMS going to England but they may get more attractive offers further afield. For instance, perhaps GMS would follow Johnny Russell to America or maybe Europe to somewhere like the Belgian or Dutch leagues. Similarly Shinnie...I don't think either are particularly cut out for the English lower leagues but not because they don't have the quality (you don't require quality to be successful in the English lower leagues or even keep your head above water in the lower half of the EPL)...I certainly think GMS might do this, and to me, he seems likes he's playing (putting in the effort) with a move in mind...

I believe both will look for other clubs so they can better their pay packet and they are probably disappointed that the spiel McInnes signed them with has not become a reality. I think Shinnie especially is ambitious but now realises his manager is not. Shinnie will not sign a new deal with Derek McInnes as manager.

Someone from the first team signing a new contract in the next couple of weeks apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Shinnie will not sign a new deal with Derek McInnes as manager.
    Based on phit exactly?

P1sh. He's staying. Even Stevie Wonder can see what the Dandies mean to him.

I predict he will sign a new deal in the next 10 days

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast