+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Darby

This is terrible news...I see he married Steph Houghton only last June...

My cousin had this disease it was horrible to see him go from such a fit man into in a wheelchair with little movement and unable to speak.He lasted only three years...

I know it's going to be very difficult but lets hope his former clubs and the PFA help all they can...

Yes, my thoughts go to Stephen, his wife and all his family and friends. My poor father in law who I loved dearly, died of this terrible, terrible disease. The average life expectancy is just 14 months and they still haven't a clue about the cause or any treatment.
    Will the club be offering him the best wishes of the whole club and supporters formally? He needs all the support he can get to keep his morale up if he can.
    I absolutely hate reading about this disease. It is so random.
    David

Terrible news, horrible disease, thoughts go out to him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by glasgowdave View Post
    Yes, my thoughts go to Stephen, his wife and all his family and friends. My poor father in law who I loved dearly, died of this terrible, terrible disease. The average life expectancy is just 14 months and they still haven't a clue about the cause or any treatment.
    While I knew this was a very nasty disease, I didn't realise it was quite this severe. A quick google search says "Every week in the UK, 35 people are diagnosed with MND and a further 35 people will die of the disease. The average sufferer will live for two years after diagnosis. Only 10 per cent of sufferers live for more than five years". It's bad enough to be diagnosed in old age, but to be given this news at just 29 years of age is beyond devastating. Sincere best wishes to him and his family.

Particularly for a fit and healthy person, I can’t think of a more torturous illness to be diagnosed with. An awful condition and my heart goes out to him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    While I knew this was a very nasty disease, I didn't realise it was quite this severe. A quick google search says "Every week in the UK, 35 people are diagnosed with MND and a further 35 people will die of the disease. The average sufferer will live for two years after diagnosis. Only 10 per cent of sufferers live for more than five years". It's bad enough to be diagnosed in old age, but to be given this news at just 29 years of age is beyond devastating. Sincere best wishes to him and his family.
    MND is brutal. Stephen Hawking was very much an outlier for survival and battling as long as he did. I believe most people will succumb between 2 and 5 years and sadly there is nothing anyone can do about it

Terrible news.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    MND is brutal. Stephen Hawking was very much an outlier for survival and battling as long as he did. I believe most people will succumb between 2 and 5 years and sadly there is nothing anyone can do about it
    I lost a very close friend of mine with this horrible disease two years ago, like myself a Match Angler and a Pies Supporter since early years, it was horrible to watch him loose his battle, I mean really horrible.

Life is very cruel at times.

God bless the poor man, no known cure for that horrible disease.... heart goes out to the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I lost a very close friend of mine with this horrible disease two years ago, like myself a Match Angler and a Pies Supporter since early years, it was horrible to watch him loose his battle, I mean really horrible.

Life is very cruel at times.
    Sorry to hear about that! The only solace I think we can take is that there are a lot of very intelligent people working day after day looking for a cure and treatments! Everyday we get a day closer to stopping these things. Whilst not really great for those with it, at least hopefully future generations won't have to suffer it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast