+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left back

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes can’t get enough defensive players in his team selections at times. His first thought is always to stop the opposition and hopefully hit on the counter when they open up. We should try a more positive approach like I suggest, might be entertaining instead of absolute dross.
    Yep totally agree, and no need for 2 sitting midfielders against teams at home or lower sides away. Negative to the core, especially when we have 2 good centre backs in McKenna and Devlin along with a solid keeper in Lewis.

But against Motherwell it'll be hoofball to Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Yep totally agree, and no need for 2 sitting midfielders against teams at home or lower sides away. Negative to the core, especially when we have 2 good centre backs in McKenna and Devlin along with a solid keeper in Lewis.

But against Motherwell it'll be hoofball to Cosgrove.
    Yes, very true. Expect ultra negative tactics and players against Motherwell..it’s the McInnes way.

I would play Shinnie at left back. I don't think he has the discipline to play centre midfield. He puts in a ton of work, gives 100% every game but tries to do too much at times.

There's also no chance that McInnes will play him there. He's brought in Lowe and he'll want at least one of his signings playing each week - disnae look as if Wilson, Forrester, Hoban (is he away?), Gleeson, Ferguson - will be starting this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    I'm not concerned about him playing for Scotland. If you read what I said, SHINNIE will be concerned about playing for Scotland. He's just made the squad, he prefers playing centre midfield and his contract is up at the end of the reason.

Yes he will do a good job at Left Back, but you could also unsettle him and he leaves since that isn't where he wants to play for the rest of his career.

I agree with your comments regarding team formation and attacking, to be honest I think Shinnie's position is the least of our worries. McInnes would play Gleeson, Ball and Shinnie as a holding 3 if he could get away with it.
    Said the same before. If we really want to keep Shinnie we will have to play him in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I would play Shinnie at left back. I don't think he has the discipline to play centre midfield. He puts in a ton of work, gives 100% every game but tries to do too much at times.

There's also no chance that McInnes will play him there. He's brought in Lowe and he'll want at least one of his signings playing each week - disnae look as if Wilson, Forrester, Hoban (is he away?), Gleeson, Ferguson - will be starting this week.
    Play Shinnie at left back and do away with the 2 sitting midfielders and we will be in better shape already. Lowe is only here until January so he can be used as cover. Considine can fight to get into the squad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12