+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left back

Left back

after attending the game on saturday i think andys days are possibly numbered i was impressed by the boy lowe , also whilst andy does ok at centre back i think he has difficulty playing with scott , i noted the number of times he had to clear or pass the ball with his right , not his favoured option and it placed him under unnecessary pressure
    Joe has to think of this when putting it out too him when in my view he could just have punted it up to where it inevitably ended .
    i am not having a go at andy at all its just his teammates were not recognising his frailties in this
    Lowe however must have done a shoulder workout the amount of times he appeared " free" and was not sent the ball his arms waving in the air

as always views and opinions will no doubt differ , but its good to debate and see others views even although they me at times
    Last edited by redtaz; 18-09-2018 at 02:45 PM. Reason: i

It’s not a position McInnes cares about, so neither should anyone else

Quality

Quote Originally Posted by mason89 View Post
    it’s not a position mcinnes cares about, so neither should anyone else
    :d:d:d:d:d

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    after attending the game on saturday i think andys days are possibly numbered i was impressed by the boy lowe , also whilst andy does ok at centre back i think he has difficulty playing with scott , i noted the number of times he had to clear or pass the ball with his right , not his favoured option and it placed him under unnecessary pressure
    Joe has to think of this when putting it out too him when in my view he could just have punted it up to where it inevitably ended .
    i am not having a go at andy at all its just his teammates were not recognising his frailties in this
    Lowe however must have done a shoulder workout the amount of times he appeared " free" and was not sent the ball his arms waving in the air

as always views and opinions will no doubt differ , but its good to debate and see others views even although they me at times
    Shinnie is the best left back at the club hands down. We don’t need him in a sitting midfielder position as the majority of our opponents play negative football anyway.
    Get him in at left back with Logan at right back and Devlin and McKenna as the central defence. A midfield of GMS, Ferguson, Wright and Ross, Upfront McGinn and Anderson. Joe Lewis will be kept quiet in goals as we will be banging them in for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Shinnie is the best left back at the club hands down. We don’t need him in a sitting midfielder position as the majority of our opponents play negative football anyway.
    Get him in at left back with Logan at right back and Devlin and McKenna as the central defence. A midfield of GMS, Ferguson, Wright and Ross, Upfront McGinn and Anderson. Joe Lewis will be kept quiet in goals as we will be banging them in for a change.
    I’m very impressed with Lowe at LB, Shinnie can stay in his best position in midfield

Shinnie doesn't want to play Left Back - in a contract year it would be foolish to wind him up by playing him there when he wants to play centre midfield - he's also got Scotland intentions and that's never happening at Left Back.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Shinnie doesn't want to play Left Back - in a contract year it would be foolish to wind him up by playing him there when he wants to play centre midfield - he's also got Scotland intentions and that's never happening at Left Back.
    Why the big concern about him playing for Scotland?
    Let’s look after Aberdeen first and foremost...Shinnie is the best left back in our squad and should be deployed there. Absolutely no need for him as a sitting midfielder at times.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Shinnie

Ross Wright Ferguson GMS

McGinn Anderson

This team will up our goals tally. F@ck negative football with a team built around 2 sitting midfielders and players who’s first intention is to defend. Goals are entertaining....Watching Gleeson, Forrester, Ball, Cosgrove, Considine etc would make your eyes bleed.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 18-09-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Why the big concern about him playing for Scotland?
    Let’s look after Aberdeen first and foremost...Shinnie is the best left back in our squad and should be deployed there. Absolutely no need for him as a sitting midfielder at times.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Shinnie

Ross Wright Ferguson GMS

McGinn Anderson

This team will up our goals tally. F@ck negative football with a team built around 2 sitting midfielders and players who’s first intention is to defend. Goals are entertaining....Watching Gleeson, Forrester, Ball, Cosgrove etc would make your eyes bleed.
    I'm not concerned about him playing for Scotland. If you read what I said, SHINNIE will be concerned about playing for Scotland. He's just made the squad, he prefers playing centre midfield and his contract is up at the end of the reason.

Yes he will do a good job at Left Back, but you could also unsettle him and he leaves since that isn't where he wants to play for the rest of his career.

I agree with your comments regarding team formation and attacking, to be honest I think Shinnie's position is the least of our worries. McInnes would play Gleeson, Ball and Shinnie as a holding 3 if he could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    I agree with your comments regarding team formation and attacking, to be honest I think Shinnie's position is the least of our worries. McInnes would play Gleeson, Ball and Shinnie as a holding 3 if he could get away with it.
    McInnes can’t get enough defensive players in his team selections at times. His first thought is always to stop the opposition and hopefully hit on the counter when they open up. We should try a more positive approach like I suggest, might be entertaining instead of absolute dross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast