+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Villa v The Millers

Can’t believe the comments on here. A massive win at the weekend. We are not at that level where we can sustain that at places like Villa Park. A win and a loss is far better than two draws.

If we had drawn on Saturday and drawn tonight everyone would be happy.

Last time we were at this level it took us until nearly the new year before we got our third win.

Get real people.

We sit in 15th place four points ahead of third bottom. Win one lose one will suit me fine.

The only downside also tonight was that one or two were carrying knocks from a high intensity game and we haven’t got a big enough squad to cope with that.

Villa were crap and we were scared to death of them for some stupid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Can’t believe the comments on here. A massive win at the weekend. We are not at that level where we can sustain that at places like Villa Park. A win and a loss is far better than two draws.

If we had drawn on Saturday and drawn tonight everyone would be happy.

Last time we were at this level it took us until nearly the new year before we got our third win.

Get real people.

We sit in 15th place four points ahead of third bottom. Win one lose one will suit me fine.

The only downside also tonight was that one or two were carrying knocks from a high intensity game and we haven’t got a big enough squad to cope with that.
    Hi intensity game is right, I think the real problem is that it's impossible to keep playing at that intensity yet it's the only way we can win.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Hi intensity game is right, I think the real problem is that it's impossible to keep playing at that intensity yet it's the only way we can win.
    What a load of Bollix and excuse seeking for negative football. These are pro footballers who are supposedly one of the fittest teams out there!

7 days down the pit would kill these pansy ****ers if they can't run about for 90 mins twice in a week.

Sick to death of hearing all that ****e about intensity and pressure because its ****ing garbage and an excuse for losing. Go and see those Doctors that are working 90 hours a week with peoples lives in there hand. Now that really is intensity and pressure.

Very disappointed. Not in the result. Not in the performance as I didn't go so won't comment. Disappointed in PW's comments about "different gravy" and some of our supporters once again trotting out costs and wages of opposition teams.
    The owners of RUFC have made a business decision in respect of transfer fees, recruitment and wages. That decision may have been the only sensible one to make. I don't honestly know. But they could have made different decisions. The decisions they made also give them financial advantages over some opposing clubs who have risked far more in seeking success. So we should all have a moratorium in moaning about investment by other clubs.

It's still the same objective this morning.
    As a minimum we need to win about another 11 games and pick up a few draws.
    Villa away isn't one of those.
    Forest seem to draw a lot of games, Brum don't seem to be very good.
    Hopefully there is a more realistic chance from those two

I actually don't think we were that negative last night. Our finishing was worse, and ability to retain the ball was worse, but overall we wern't that bad.

The wages thing has been done to death, but you have to say, if they get 3 x the number of home fans on a wet Tuesday night when it was available for some on tv and have just been on a poor run, then they can probably afford 3 x wages.

3 points from those last 2 matches is better than 2 draws.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    What a load of Bollix and excuse seeking for negative football. These are pro footballers who are supposedly one of the fittest teams out there!

7 days down the pit would kill these pansy ****ers if they can't run about for 90 mins twice in a week.

Sick to death of hearing all that ****e about intensity and pressure because its ****ing garbage and an excuse for losing. Go and see those Doctors that are working 90 hours a week with peoples lives in there hand. Now that really is intensity and pressure.
    The game is a lot faster these days though and that kind of physical effort every game is difficult to sustain.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The game is a lot faster these days though and that kind of physical effort every game is difficult to sustain.
    An average of 6 or 7 miles is what a midfielder would run in an average game of football over 90 mins, other positions tend to run a lot less than that. A 10,000 meter runner at the 2012 Olympics finished in Last place "Mykola LABOVSKYY" who ran it in 29:32.12. The 10,000 meters works out at - 6.213712 miles. That is basically the same amount of running as a midfielder in a 3rd of the time.

So are footballers fit or not? You tel me.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Very disappointed. Not in the result. Not in the performance as I didn't go so won't comment. Disappointed in PW's comments about "different gravy" and some of our supporters once again trotting out costs and wages of opposition teams.
    The owners of RUFC have made a business decision in respect of transfer fees, recruitment and wages. That decision may have been the only sensible one to make. I don't honestly know. But they could have made different decisions. The decisions they made also give them financial advantages over some opposing clubs who have risked far more in seeking success. So we should all have a moratorium in moaning about investment by other clubs.
    Monty,

Although I agree with you on the finances of the club that really has no impact on how we go out and play the game. If it was true that you can only finish in the places the budget suggests why even bother playing any games at all?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415