+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you remember when

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    a quote from cameras wales -

"They are placed at a location with a history of road traffic collisions in which speed was a causation factor in the incident or by the severity of the injury."

wrong yet again
    Exactly,idiots using mobile phones especially texting are probably the biggest killers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Galaxian was best.
    Ha ha - canīt believe you posted that - just what i was going to say when I saw the Space Invaders reference.

Phoenix (bit later) was good too - shoot the bottom of the space ship out to kill the alien and shoot those phoenix eggs - brilliant sound effects (for then!)
    Amazing what you can find on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FCFVdDmV8U

I remember in the 1940's when you could get in to the Coatswrth cinema and pay a part of the admission with an empty pop bottle deposit.

Also the fish man and ice cream man coming around with horse and carts, both the fish and the ice cream inches away from the horses rear end.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 18-09-2018 at 08:26 PM.

No green houses to hide behind on Galaxian, you were out there on your own, albeit with three lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    the clanking of the milkman picking up the used bottles and leaving the full ones - fish and chips in newpapers - taking back empty pop bottles for the 1 penny deposit - funny nobody mentioned recycling then
    If you took a bundle of newspapers to the fish shop they'd give you free chips. Could be me but the last time I had fish and chips in Shields about 2 years ago they weren't anywhere near as good as what I remember when I was a kid.

No green houses to hide behind on Galaxian, you were out there on your own, albeit with three lives.
    Gorf was my game of choice.

The sound of an old man with his horse and cart wandering the back lanes shouting, "Any old Lumber, any old rags"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Gorf was my game of choice.
    I'll have to look that one up.

Anyone have Boily.

A cup of hot milk, bread crusts torn in to bits, sugar.

Carnation milk if me Dad had done overtime.
    I remember the bread milk and sugar.
    I also remember having carnation in my tea as a treat and even in my porridge as a swirl around the bowl in the feast times.

I used to love my mothers fatty cakes and flour pancakes with brown sauce on when the cupboards were bare.
    Generally we used marvel dried milk for everything, with fresh milk being in short supply in our house.

And plastic sandals for us scruffy falookers. I never imagined a plastic sandal designed for cheap footwear and worn by a fair few as a sort of need, would turn into a fashion item in later life.

I never imagined ripped jeans being a fashion item.

I'll have to look that one up.
    Ah, it was great, Stan.

It was a mix of Galaxians, Space Invaders, erm...that one with a geet big spaceship protected by a massive shield then some geet spinny things that shot out from the centre.

I've described it really well.....no, i don't mean well, I mean badly.

As for the thread, anyone remember putting money-and then milk tokens-out for the milkman??

As if you'd do that now!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)