+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to do it tonight!

Who's going to do it tonight!

Who's going to save Steve's backside tonight do you reckon? Oh for a commanding display capped off with attacking flair leading to a comfortable 4-0 win, however......

Hmm ... Dusts off Crystal ball ... Possibly Tammy and Bolasie? .

I'm soo good at predicting at Full Time, Villa Mon!

Seriously, well done to our new boys. Lots more please

That was a must win for confidence sake and feel good factor. I thought Bolasie and Tammy would score as well. If we can get on a run we will be in the top two before no time.
    We're 2 points off 2nd and starting to look better. Abraham and Kodja should score shead loads this season and I think Bolasie will be awesome. Grealish is frustrating though.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 18-09-2018 at 10:18 PM.

I was pulling my hair out tonight could not believe the starting line up, well the defence mainly!
    As it turned out we should have won by more and i see a deadly force being forged with koj and Tam.
    Ps Grealish playing out on the wing was awsome, he looked class and ran himself into the ground. Frustrating Bongo, why? The holte end did not think so the amount of times they sung his name Butfor me, the man of the match a guy whis going to be hsrd to keep hold of eas Mcginn, WOW thisguy is the best thing ive seen since David Platt...

Mcginn, Grealish, kodija, Abrahams and Bolasie will rip up this division once they have all settled in...

For now The Lion sleeps tonight.

I've not watched many games Dave but the reports I read is Grealish being half hearted and lack of effort the past few games. Good to hear something different.

But the Holte End were back singing his name during this victory - and Bruce believes the ‘intelligent’ followers recognise that bright times could follow when the newly-assembled squad is settled.

“Yes, we had a bloody awful performance at Sheffield, it happens.

“Thankfully we’re back on the road again and we’re now into sixth.

“Hopefully it shuts a few of them up but I doubt it.”

So there you have it. Bongo is more intelligent than freer.

That's all folks

Funny how people see a game so differently Dave. That’s the closest that I’ve come to switching channels whilst we were WINNING!
    Don’t get me wrong, the 1st half an hour was encouraging, the next 55 mins were torture but the last 5 or so mins made it worth sticking with it.
    I don’t like Jack on the wing, whilst he never stopped working, he actually produced zilch. A few mazy runs then passes backwards. When he plays more central, he makes breaks and is always a threat.
    Apart from the goal, the front 2 were always 30 yards apart, making a link up impossible. No doubt they can work on that in time.
    Defensively were shocking at set pieces and our full backs gave away the ball too much, we’ll be in trouble against better teams with better finishers.
    I was impressed with Hourihane, Mcginn, Jedi and the managers substitutions, if a little late by 20 mins. We needed freshening up on the hour.

However, a win is a win, let’s hope this can be a foundation for better things to come.

As for the intelligence remark Mr Bruce, if that's judged by your tactical intelligence of 'roll your sleeves up and have go' whilst playing in an unfamiliar role , then I'm happy being stupid.

Ultimately defeating Rotherham will prove about as much use as swapping seats on the deck of The Titanic for Mr Bruce !

I do not profess to be part of the intelligentsia

Errr... playing out the last 10 mins without a recognised striker? isn't exactly going for the jugular now is it ? it smacks of desperation , we were playing Rotherham not Barcelona

As for Bruce having a pop re; fans I Q …… When all your armed with is a hammer ‘Everything looks like a Nail’

"Thats all folks " !!

It's clearly getting to him judging by that reaction, here's hoping Tammy & Kodj gel quickly and we raise our game against better opposition. Jack's brilliant in the middle and a winger he ain't, please not another player playing out of position!

UTV

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    But the Holte End were back singing his name during this victory - and Bruce believes the ‘intelligent’ followers recognise that bright times could follow when the newly-assembled squad is settled.

“Yes, we had a bloody awful performance at Sheffield, it happens.

“Thankfully we’re back on the road again and we’re now into sixth.

“Hopefully it shuts a few of them up but I doubt it.”

So there you have it. Bongo is more intelligent than freer.

That's all folks
    Spot on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)