+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Albion v Bristol C team news/matchthread

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    I think it is 20 goals in 8 games - otherwise I agree. 😊
    My bad. I'd realised after I'd posted but I'm too thick to know how to edit posts

Some posters on here just expect us to turn up at matches, especially the away ones, and the opponents to rollover for us.

The Blose point was ok in the circumstances and as long as you win at home at are close to the 2 points per game average you need then there is little to worry about.

Even they we were second best at Blose and Florist we hit the crossbar late on and could have won both.

In fact I cannot believe how many times we have hit the crossbar from the Bolton game onwards, and if that Flint one at bro had gone in, it could have been different.

The defence and the mf need to improve, but after the game last night BD said he knew that and would be working on it.

Bartley is a liability, but hopefully he will stop the shirt pulling and improve.

The front 4 are electric and we just need to sort the areas BD knows about, and at present we are very much like Mogga's team.

Still take a top six finish now.

Hello again to everyone out there....Well I have managed to watch most games so far on stream over here...
    Going back a few years ...I always liked this division....much more open and exciting football down here.....The standard of finishing in this division is not great and so we have a decent chance of instant promotion cause we have a few proven scorers in this division...
    Our defending is atrocious to be honest...but I'll take that in this division.
    In the premier league one goal can get you 3 points...but here it is very rare....I go for thumping everyone 7-6 or 6-5....
    Screw that defending lark...play 1-1-9....at home and 1-2-8 away....
    Had enough no scoring to do me a few life times already...
    I hope you are all well who are alive....

The problem for me with this debate is the fact that, unlike the PL, you have to win matches and you have to score a lot of goals. Only Hull in the recent past have got promoted without being one of the top goal scorers. Championship champions usually score the most goals in the league and most of the promoted sides are within the top 3 goal scorers of that season.

If we set up to protect our back 3 then yes we will be better defensively but we won’t score as many goals. Personally I would like to see Sam Field as part of the back 3 not in midfield. I think he could play like Stones does for City and England. He looks comfortable on the ball, is strong and an intelligent player.

For me the system is the right one, as others have said we still do not have the personnel throughout the squad to implement it fully. However, I think we are much better placed than the likes of Boro to qualify automatically with what we have now. However if we invest wisely with improvements in January, I haven’t seen anything yet in this league that should worry us over the season.

COYB.

Ain't it refreshing that we don't bow down to the opposition before a ball is kicked.
    Sticking with a formation and letting them try and deal with us rather than the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Ain't it refreshing that we don't bow down to the opposition before a ball is kicked.
    Sticking with a formation and letting them try and deal with us rather than the other way round.
    It's what it should be...entertaining....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)