+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Street, again !

look what's the problem here

keep em locked in away end until the crowd clears

print a notice on the away tickets that this will happen....anyone who attends the match will know in advance.

if they kick off....arrest em and bang 'em up

can't believe how namby pamby....the law has become and corbyn isn't even in power yet.

if people smash seats, vandalise stuff, chuck stuff or start feytin.....they have broken the law

Maybe when we leave the EU we can leave the European Human Rights thing that Blair signed up to as well and then we can keep them in.

(He probably only signed us up to it to get more work for his wife).

What leads us to think that "human rights" are the reason for not keeping away fans behind? Is that an official thing now?? Where's it say that? First I've head of it.

All in all, SYP just want everyone gone so they can rap up. To serve and protect my arse!

In Agentina they keep the home fans locked in for 30 mins to let the away fans disperse.
    This is largely because most teams in the top flight are based in Buenos Aires so they can get away safely on public transport.

Unfortunately if the away team wins they won't leave and celebrate in the ground for half an hour.
    Stalemate

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    What leads us to think that "human rights" are the reason for not keeping away fans behind? Is that an official thing now?? Where's it say that? First I've head of it.
    Human rights legislation does not prevent supporters being held back. That decision is entirely in the hands of the club and the police.

First, a few fun facts about Human Rights. The creation of a European Convention was championed by Winston Churchill after the Second World War. One of the main authors of the contents of the convention was David Maxwell-Fyfe - a British politician and lawyer. The UK signed up in 1950 as one of the first signatories.

The objection to a blanket policy of detaining football supporters after games comes from English Common Law and can be traced back to Magna Carta, which outlawed arbitrary detention without trial. The European Convention on Human Rights has only very limited implications for the management of football supporters as it merely repeats the English Common Law position.

If the police or club wanted to detain away supporters after a game, they would need to be able to justify such a policy by reference to the law. In practice, that means that they could only detain them if they reasonably and objectively assessed that it was necessary to prevent a breach of the peace. Any blanket detention would clearly fall foul of the need for such a reasonable and objectively held belief and would be unlawful. The fact is that supporters can generally mingle without trouble - I went to Villa last night and upon leaving the ground turned right into the face of many of the home supporters who were leaving the ground. Neither they nor I seemed to want a punch up.

The problem is primarily with the geography of the DVS. I'm surprised the police did not object to it being built there.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 19-09-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Only sensible thing hing atm would be to hold away fans back but doesn’t look like hats going to happen for reason only known to club/SYP.

Hopefully it’ll be sorted when/if the planning pergoes through for away end exit

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    First, a few fun facts about Human Rights. The creation of a European Convention was championed by Winston Churchill after the Second World War. One of the main authors of the contents of the convention was David Maxwell-Fyfe - a British politician and lawyer. The UK signed up in 1950 as one of the first signatories.

The objection to a blanket policy of detaining football supporters after games comes from English Common Law and can be traced back to Magna Carta, which outlawed arbitrary detention without trial. The European Convention on Human Rights has only very limited implications for the management of football supporters as it merely repeats the English Common Law position.

If the police or club wanted to detain away supporters after a game, they would need to be able to justify such a policy by reference to the law. In practice, that means that they could only detain them if they reasonably and objectively assessed that it was necessary to prevent a breach of the peace. Any blanket detention would clearly fall foul of the need for such a reasonable and objectively held belief and would be unlawful. The fact is that supporters can generally mingle without trouble - I went to Villa last night and upon leaving the ground turned right into the face of many of the home supporters who were leaving the ground. Neither they nor I seemed to want a punch up.

The problem is primarily with the geography of the DVS. I'm surprised the police did not object to it being built there.

Thanks Kerr. So, if SYP felt their was a reasonable and objective chance of bovver, they could hold away fans back? Human rights isn't the thing stopping them??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast