+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ajayi The Potential

Ajayi The Potential

Warne once said that he could be worth £15m and at the time I thought that he was trying to buy him some time from us supporters. In league one he seemed as though he was going to lose the ball when ever it went near him.but now he looks the part.

I don't know what the deal is with Cardiff. He was on loan at first but did his contract run to an end there? Did we sign him no strings attached? If we did I think that we'll sell him and replace him with half a team of players out of the profits.

Frog, if what I read is correct, on 28 March 2017, Ajayi signed for our club on a permanent deal. There is no sell on with Cardiff.

That's good news, brin. Frog, the first part of your observation may be correct: "...I think that we'd sell him..." The second part is perhaps a bit less likely? Or am I too cynical?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    That's good news, brin. Frog, the first part of your observation may be correct: "...I think that we'd sell him..." The second part is perhaps a bit less likely? Or am I too cynical?
    I think in the past we could expect that but with the announcement of the money from the sale of Ward being spent on the training facility I think any monies would be spent wisely.

There's no way on this earth that any club anywhere will give Rotherham United anywhere near £15m for one of our players, simply because it's Rotherham United. Half it and half it again and maybe we're closer to the top end of what someone may pay.
    If it was the same player doing the same job at the same standard for, say Aston Villa or West Brom, then it's quite likely that they could say he's worth £15m and someone pay that much for him.
    What will probably happen is, he won't sign a new deal and will go for next to nothing in the final year of his contract (next season?) .
    But I agree he is our most prized asset right now and looks every part a top Championship player.

Well, Hazza, and I thought I was a glass half-empty man. You've just stuck a big pin in Frog's balloon!

IF we stay in the championship and others come calling would TS be brave enough to ask for a very large fee or just cave in thinking 4 million is a great sum to keep us going?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    IF we stay in the championship and others come calling would TS be brave enough to ask for a very large fee or just cave in thinking 4 million is a great sum to keep us going?
    I guess we might find out in January.

Not a chance of getting £15M for him and if anyone offers £4M snatch their hand off.

Derby £5m January
    You heard it here first

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast