+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Street, again !

Don Street, again !

Thought the Don Street experience on Saturday was one of the worst experienced, the random barrier in the Car Park road was bizarre & meeting up with DCFC fans on Main Street could have turned nasty especially as SYP presence was counted as NIL.

So I decided to follow up my e-mail to SYP from last March as of yet had no reply (what a surprise) but copied RUFC this time

Paul Davis got straight back and we had a long conversation re the situation.
    He ended the call by saying he would welcome any SENSIBLE suggestions on how it could be improved.

So here's your chance !

why can't he think of any himself

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Thought the Don Street experience on Saturday was one of the worst experienced, the random barrier in the Car Park road was bizarre & meeting up with DCFC fans on Main Street could have turned nasty especially as SYP presence was counted as NIL.

So I decided to follow up my e-mail to SYP from last March as of yet had no reply (what a surprise) but copied RUFC this time

Paul Davis got straight back and we had a long conversation re the situation.
    He ended the call by saying he would welcome any SENSIBLE suggestions on how it could be improved.

So here's your chance !
    Do you mean Paul Douglas?

My suggestion is this: keep the way fans back for 5 minutes.

i know, I know, human rights.

However if Rotherham fans are attacked on Saturday on Main Street by Stoke City hooligans, I will ask 'what about my human right, not to get attacked when it was entirely preventable?

I can see a big legal problem coming at SYP and RUFC anytime soon, when someone gets kicked unconscious....just to preserve 'human rights"....keep em in for 5 minutes and the problem disappears.
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 18-09-2018 at 07:52 PM.

It is the easiest solution to the problem IBS but they've never done it before and they'll not do it ever. It is as if they keep saying I told you so every time there is no trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    why can't he think of any himself
    He probably has and does
    Only people who can authorise holding back are SYP

It was slightly better after the Millwall game as East Stand were directed through Car Park rather than onto Don Street thus removing two streams of people meeting at the Car Park exit
    This should, according to him, have been actioned on Saturday but wasn't

But ideas from people who have to experience it can't hurt. Can they ?
    Can't see the problem in them asking for customers suggestions
    God knows there's plenty of complaints that the club don't listen.

I've challenged him to actually experience the walk rather than observing plus also challenged SYP to do same (in plain clothes)

Apparently the whole "segregation" thing was brought in after our first home game with Chezzie

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

However if Rotherham fans are attacked on Saturday on Main Street by Stoke City hooligans, I will ask 'what about my human right, not to get attacked when it was entirely preventable?

I can see a big legal problem coming at SYP and RUFC anytime soon, when someone gets kicked unconscious....just to preserve 'human rights"....keep em in for 5 minutes and the problem disappears.
    No Paul Davis
    Stadium security Manager

Do you think Douglas would actually lower himself to talk to a fan ?

Only people who can authorise holding back, according to Paul Davis are SYP

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Fully agree mate
    SYP have, unfortunately, history on these type of issues
    Still if (& I hope never) it happens those at the top of SYP will be admonished of all responsibility and the tea lady prosecuted to the full extent of the law !

The human rights thing does not apply, it's just a red herring.
    I think it's more likely that the club probably don't want away fans held back in case they cause damage to the away end of the stadium.
    Can you imagine what might have happened on Saturday if Derby fans had been held back?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The human rights thing does not apply, it's just a red herring.
    I think it's more likely that the club probably don't want away fans held back in case they cause damage to the away end of the stadium.
    Can you imagine what might have happened on Saturday if Derby fans had been held back?
    Yes i can...lots of people would not have been punched and kicked on main street.

That's two games now I've seen fighting at the traffic lights at the bottom there.

But if the home fans were held back longer they'd complain and with reason since it should be the away fans waiting.

And it's pretty much right next to the police station too, bit embarrassing for the police or are they immune to embarrassment now?
    Last edited by great_fire; 18-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast