+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Don Street, again !

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    That raises an interesting point though Kerr. Stoke fans have a terrible reputation and I would say that the probability of trouble is higher than normal. I am not alone in this opinion. Most fans in football are aware of Stoke's reputation.

Now surely the club are responsible if they put fans at risk knowing that the risk of trouble is much much higher than normal?
    I've not read the Wikipedia pages on civil liability yet, IBS, and wouldn't like to comment in depth. Let me pose this question though, if your suggestion is right, surely the only way that the club could address that risk would be to ban away supporters from 'riskier' clubs? After all, holding supporters back for five minutes does not prevent trouble before the game or away from the ground after it.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Need to do a quick look (c/w pictures) tomorrow, or when I can but …………..

There is access from the South stand to a walkway that goes through to Brinsworth Road / Armer street

No need for away fans to be held back
    They have an option

Wait for 10 minutes until New York Way is opened to them or ……….
    Walk down the ,now tarmacked, footpath down to Brinsworth Lane. where, if they were previously instructed, they can get into their vehicle
    Sorry I've had the week from Hell

The picture was supposed to show the route but buggered if I know how to paste it !

Name:  InkedNYS_LI.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  83.6 KB

Done it ?

That’s probably the route that’s currently blocked and the club are waiting on planning permission to open it up, I don’t know how long or if they have permission yet but they were hoping to have done the job before Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Thought the Don Street experience on Saturday was one of the worst experienced, the random barrier in the Car Park road was bizarre & meeting up with DCFC fans on Main Street could have turned nasty especially as SYP presence was counted as NIL.

So I decided to follow up my e-mail to SYP from last March as of yet had no reply (what a surprise) but copied RUFC this time

Paul Davis got straight back and we had a long conversation re the situation.
    He ended the call by saying he would welcome any SENSIBLE suggestions on how it could be improved.

So here's your chance !
    My dad sent a e-mail as well he was told same thing can’t hold them back and would welcome a meeting to discuss the matter.

Thing is there’s always options

1 Build a new exit for away fans
    2 send away fans up don street

These are only options I can think of

8000 fans down one small street is begging for trouble

My ex son-in-law is a police officer in the West Midlands and he says away fans at Wolves games are routinely held back if the authorities think there is a need to do it.
    Human rights legislation doesn't seem to get in the way there.

Would we even be having this debate if the home and away ends had been reversed from when the stadium first opened?

I think another reason they don't hold them back aswell is the quicker the away fans get out the area the less chance there is of trouble.

The main issue is SYP just couldn’t be arsed to do proper policing.

They expect stewards to do their job for them whilst they sit back and trouser maximum overtime.

They moved the Millwall game because it suited them (not the club) but kept the equally problematic Derby game unchanged.

I'm going to ask this question again.
    Would we even be having this debate about the exit strategy if the home and away ends had been reversed when the stadium first opened?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast