+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa Post Match Thoughts

Again well over paid. Wasted budget.

With the performance they put in they should have lost, in agreement not arrogant from what I saw.
    Last edited by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss; 18-09-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Come on Amanda ffs you must know by now on the ‘post match thread’ you can’t have a say on how you saw it ��

I don’t agree Villa were crap but definitely average and we made them look a top team . Spot on ‘overpaid’

Even though I wasn’t expecting a win I thought we could have and should maybe at least got a point, again it’s down to not finishing which needs sorting out ASAP

Manning being first to be subbed was spot on, not his game at all

Vassell was my MOTM
    Last edited by millertop; 19-09-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Listened to radio commentary and watched second half on tv in the Stag. We played ok, but never looked dangerous near Villa's goal. Better performance than two years ago under Stubbsy (and match stats show that), but Villa were not really put under much pressure. Hard to see where our goals will come from in open play. Should have signed a proper goalscorer over the summer. The forwards/wingers that we have are really "support players" and although hard working, are unlikely to score very often at this level. We are going to need somebody who can get into double figures if we are going to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Listened to radio commentary and watched second half on tv in the Stag. We played ok, but never looked dangerous near Villa's goal. Better performance than two years ago under Stubbsy (and match stats show that), but Villa were not really put under much pressure. Hard to see where our goals will come from in open play. Should have signed a proper goalscorer over the summer. The forwards/wingers that we have are really "support players" and although hard working, are unlikely to score very often at this level. We are going to need somebody who can get into double figures if we are going to stay up.
    The lad Cummins who went on loan to Peterborough from Forest would have made a good addition to your squad mike in my opinion .

He goes back in January I believe so it may still be possible for you to grab him .

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    It’s quite remarkable we are in the same league. Going on their website you would have thought they have lost. What a bunch of arrogant twerps they are.

Sillyseason.com have published the following 2018 salaries for some of the Villa lads.

Weekly Salaries:

Tommy Elphick £25,000
    Birkir Bjarnason £25,000
    Ritchie De Laet £25,000
    Jack Grealish £25,000 *
    Albert Adomah £25,000 *
    Alan Hutton £30,000 *
    Conor Hourihane £30,000 *
    Jonathan Kodjia £35,000 *
    Neil Taylor £30,000
    Scott Hogan £35,000
    James Chester £30,000 *
    Henri Lansbury £40,000
    Mile Jedinak £50,000 *
    Micah Richards. £50,000
    Ross McCormack £40,000

* means played at least some part in the game tonight.

A few key names missing from that list who played tonight such as Tammy Abraham who won’t be cheap.

Be critical but be realistic. We will never compete on equal terms.
    I don't know if these figures are true or not but if they are, £25 million in wages a year puts us in our place and its' a place we are all aware of. So no surprise if we struggle. We can bloody some noses along the way though ...................... Derby for example.

Always disappointing to lose, but some of the comments - really? Villa were one game away from the Premiership last season, and have the quality we can only dream about. When you looked at the fixtures at the start of the season, surely this wasn't one where points looked likely. I'm not clever enough to know whether Villa played badly or we made them look average, but we were in the game for the bulk of it. It wasn't pretty to watch, but I think that's what we have to do away on limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    I don't know if these figures are true or not but if they are, £25 million in wages a year puts us in our place and its' a place we are all aware of. So no surprise if we struggle. We can bloody some noses along the way though ...................... Derby for example.
    Connor Hourihane is most definitely on 30k a week , mentiond in a fans forum by the CEO at my club .

James Bree who also joined Villa from us is on 19k a week .

Third consecutive season in the championship for Villa this time so it just goes to show it ain't always guaranteed to succeed by any means .

They were bailed out in the summer I believe so clearly lessons don't appear to be learnt in the west midlands .

Too big to financially fail apparently according to some of their fans I once read , now then where I have heard that before over the last 10 years .

Agree Lasterman we were well in the game yesterday and had as many chances as them as near as dammit the difference was they put their chances away we didn't. Defensively it doesn't sound as though we did too much wrong so I don't think we should tinker with that side of things what we need to work on is taking our chances and getting our midfield up quicker to support the forward. We have also played 4 of the top 7 away so far so we couldn't really expect much. It is what we do against the bottom sides away that matters because they will be all 6 pointers. Warney also needs to work on the psychology away from home. He has got us believing we can take on the big boys at home but not away yet. It could be if we can take one big named scalp away it might go some way to boosting confidence and getting on some sort of run away from home.

At end of day that’s what it came down to Roly, them putting them away where we didn’t .

It needs sorting

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast