+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    At end of day that’s what it came down to Roly, them putting them away where we didn’t .

It needs sorting
    It certainly does need sorting but do we have strikers who are capable of getting the goals we need? I would suggest we don't at the moment and there's not much we can do about it until January at the earliest.
    We were all pleased that we beat Derby but, if we'd had a decent striker we would have won comfortably.
    Personally I think this weakness in the team is more likely to cost us in the long run than some of the occasional defensive lapses.

2 mistakes and they score with both. 1st goal midfielder (don't remember who it was) stands off grealish 25 yards out which allows him time to pick a pass

2nd towell and vaulkes asleep at throw in which allows cross for vyner to be asleep at the back post .

We move on. Happy with selection. Happy with effort. On another day ect ect..

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Listened to radio commentary and watched second half on tv in the Stag. We played ok, but never looked dangerous near Villa's goal. Better performance than two years ago under Stubbsy (and match stats show that), but Villa were not really put under much pressure. Hard to see where our goals will come from in open play. Should have signed a proper goalscorer over the summer. The forwards/wingers that we have are really "support players" and although hard working, are unlikely to score very often at this level. We are going to need somebody who can get into double figures if we are going to stay up.
    I highlighted the fact that out strikers won't score enough before pre season and got shot down like a German bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I highlighted the fact that out strikers won't score enough before pre season and got shot down like a German bomber.
    Come back when they start scoring

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Proof or it didn't happen

I never understand why people keep SHOUTING about our poor budget as apposed to the oppositions budget yet go on to say that we were in the game and just our finishing let us down.

So does that mean that the only part of the budget that we are really suffering from is the striker budget? After all, if we can compete up to the point of having chances that must surely mean that defenders and midfielders wages are irrelevant and all teams are on equal par no matter what the price of those players are.

The only reason we lose against these teams is that we worry to much about what they are going to do and our management **** themselves instead of finding ways to win, but instead they just find ways to try to not lose.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 19-09-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I never understand why people keep SHOUTING about our poor budget as apposed to the oppositions budget yet go on to say that we were in the game and just our finishing let us down.

So does that mean that the only part of the budget that we are really suffering from is the striker budget? After all, if we can compete up to the point of having chances that must surely mean that defenders and midfielders wages are irrelevant and all teams are on equal par no matter what the price of those players are.

The only reason we lose against these teams is that we worry to much about what they are going to do and our management **** themselves instead of finding ways to win, but instead they just find ways to try to not lose.
    I'm more a statistician than a tactician Biglad but isn't not losing a game the starting point to at least have a chance if winning it? Villa, Leeds and Wigan would at least suggest that over the Brentford experiment. Also, if we are missing 100% of the chances we make then it doesn't matter how many we make until we can afford more quality up top or our incumbents have a change in form or luck.

Lots of people wanting warne to play two up front we tried that remember we had ball and smith up top and it fell apart faster than a Donald Trump speech. Now we are getting results and they want to go back to 2?

Also that villa game came way too soon for us we had been preparing for derby for two weeks not enough time for warnes magic to work.

I’d seriously rest smith and play proctor I think games are piling up on him

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post

I'd agree with that.
    He looks jaded and may benefit from a short rest

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Lots of people wanting warne to play two up front we tried that remember we had ball and smith up top and it fell apart faster than a Donald Trump speech. Now we are getting results and they want to go back to 2?

Also that villa game came way too soon for us we had been preparing for derby for two weeks not enough time for warnes magic to work.

This thread is about an away game. When did we last win one of those in the Championship?
    I can't see where anyone has suggested we play two up top away from home. People just want to see a more positive approach.
    Away from home Warne sets up not to lose......but we still lose ☹. How about having a real go at the opposition and giving them something to worry about for a change? Let's face it, results couldn't get much worse than they are now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast