+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa Post Match Thoughts

Aston Villa Post Match Thoughts

Managed to pop in to put this up and save frog some typing. Didn't expect anything tonight and got exactly what I expected, not often that happens

Thoughts on our away day dilemmas?

Need more attacking threat from left and right back and push up more as a team. Tonight was just like all other away games.

Negative sh!te yet again. That obviously won't get us any points. So why not try being positive? If that doesn't get us any points either at least we would of done all we could of done and that's all you can ask. I thought Warne was about doing all we can??

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Managed to pop in to put this up and save frog some typing. Didn't expect anything tonight and got exactly what I expected, not often that happens

Thoughts on our away day dilemmas?
    Struggled all game. We were never going to have a lot of possession but when we get into good areas, we tend to give the ball back too easily.
    Sky red button viewing didn’t show replays but I thought Rodak could have dealt with cross for second goal.

We would have done a lot better with full England International Tammy Abraham and Bolasie in our team to put the chances away.

Haven't been but watched on the red button thingy.

Anyway man for man Villa were far superior but as a team we seem a very awkward side to play against.

Still upbeat, anything tonight would've been a bonus and we have shown a good account of ourselves.

Why did Williams switch wings at half time when he was skinning his man all first half?

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Negative sh!te yet again. That obviously won't get us any points. So why not try being positive? If that doesn't get us any points either at least we would of done all we could of done and that's all you can ask. I thought Warne was about doing all we can??
    I believe his thinking is not to get hammered and hope to scrape a point but accept a low scoring defeat to keep morale up.
    I agree though, too negative.

We have had chances today but we aint put em away. The good news is despite losing all 4 of our away league games this season,these teams are in the top 7 as it stands. We have also lost to the top 2 away in that lot. The comfort is we are beating lower teams at home apart from Hull. These are the games that matter really. We have to aim to come top of the bottom 8 to stay up which means not losing to these teams. By and large we are doing that. It was always gonna be a tough ask today I think we will have a better chance at Forest to pick up our first away point on Saturday who are no great shakes

IMHO Villa were crap and there for the taking. Awful negative sh!te from us.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast