+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams v Blackburn

Rams v Blackburn

Only Jozefzoon of the starters was not above average. We battered them first half and the only thing we didn't do was score. 2nd half was more end to end and they had as many chances as we did. The performance was so much better than the Rotherham one and against a better side.

Carson - 7
    Bogle - 8 - MOTM
    Keogh - 7
    Tomori - 7
    Forsyth - 7
    Bryson - 7
    Johnson - 7
    Mount - 8
    Jozefzoon - 5
    Nugent - 8
    Bennett - 8

19 shots and none on target tells it's own story, not clinical enough by far.

Personally I though Mount, Bogle and Tomori were our best 3 and all under 20. Others were ok but nothing special.

Bogle looking a real talent.

1pt from Rotherham and Blackburn a poor return. We've still only played one decent side and we got taken to the cleaners.

Frank still not sure about his first XI.

Oh and Bradley Johnson's shooting is woeful.

I'd mark most of the team a point lower than MA

We continue to be sh*t at playing out from the back and continue to be sh*t at corners

No I'm not DCFCA

Personally, I was not at all impressed!! Blackburn are barely mid-table and stopped us. Can't score against Rotherham and Blackburn says it all. Pretty don't win, goals do!!. Not going anywhere except up dead ends. We've lost 20+ goals from Vydra and that spells trouble!! Overall 5 out of 10. Must do better!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Personally, I was not at all impressed!! Blackburn are barely mid-table and stopped us. Can't score against Rotherham and Blackburn says it all. Pretty don't win, goals do!!. Not going anywhere except up dead ends. We've lost 20+ goals from Vydra and that spells trouble!! Overall 5 out of 10. Must do better!!
    Couldn’t see it and not likely to be able to see one for a while. Is MA being over optimistic or has mac got it right?
    Seems like fine lines...an early goal or two and maybe we’d have been flying and the table barely counts for anything at the moment as long as we don’ get left too far behind.

I think if Vydra had been playing he'd of had an hat full, we need one of the strikers to find their shooting boots. How we did not win that I don't know. I agree 1 point from Rotherham and Blackburn is not good enough but that was more than a 5 out of 10 performance, we did batter them and hit the woodwork twice, close but not close enough. I'd have given every player a 7 except Jozefzoon (5) Mount a 7+ and Bogle a 8+. If he keeps playing like that all season he'll be at one of the big boys come the end of the season. Southgate was there last night watching Mount but I know for a fact that he would be have been very impressed with Bogle, what a talent.

I don't get that 5/10. The only thing we didn't do was score. Some comments are intimating that Balckburn are a really poor side. We stand 2 points clear of them. They are not a bad side.

They play to their strengths which are defending like lions and being quick on the break. Last night they got body parts in the way of nearly all out shots. It's what they do. They did it well. They don't concede goals.

I not only enjoyed last night's game, I also saw a lot of good football from the Rams. I am an optimist in all things. My optimism with regard to the Rams at the moment is born out of what I see. I wasn't downhearted after the Rotherham defeat as the performance was not of the type we had produced prior to the international break and we would get better. We would see more pace, movement and chances. We saw that last night. OK, so there were no goals but that was down as much to Blackburn's last ditch defending as poor shooting. They always had a foot, an arm, a body in the way. They won't hammer many sides this season but they will, IMO, keep on picking up points and be around half way in the table come May.

Take another look at all those blocks that stopped shots reaching the goal, the shots that did reach the goal only to be stopped on or just in front of the goal. Somebody has quoted stats that say 0 shots on target. I can remember at least 2 that were stopped on the line. One by the keeper and one by a defender. There may have been more.......

That was a good performance that only lacked a goal. They will come.

For me, that was the best performance of the season. It's the first time we have dominated a game for lengthy periods of a game. A bit more control in front of goal would have resulted in a comfortable victory. I think everyone had a decent game with Bogle and Bryson my stand out players.

I'm more optimistic after that game than any of the 4 victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    For me, that was the best performance of the season. It's the first time we have dominated a game for lengthy periods of a game. A bit more control in front of goal would have resulted in a comfortable victory. I think everyone had a decent game with Bogle and Bryson my stand out players.

I'm more optimistic after that game than any of the 4 victories.
    One freeby compared to our expectations is Bryson back with his engine running as strong as ever

22 shots, 3 on target according to the BBC site. Mount's free kick that hit the bar was going in, keeper got a hand to it and helped keep it out. The overhead from 5 yards out that hit a defender 2 yards from the line was on target as was the shot a split second earlier that rebounded off the keeper. There's 3 off the top of my head and there were probably a couple of others as well.

Understand the sentiment behind the shots on stat though...... 0 from 19 is poor. 3 from 22 not much better. If the truth is, as I suspect, 5 or 6 out of 22 then it is a decent return when you consider that most of the ones deemed not on target were blocked by their defence so we can't be sure if they were on or off target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)