+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Vydra

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He offers movement and is not static. If Dyche can put his trust in Barnes, Wood, Vokes and Vydra and play any combination in pairs and swap and change, like he did yesterday, EPL defences will have a phucking nightmare.
    I wouldn't say they'd have a nightmare, but he certainly adds a big plus on our movement going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    He was a breath of fresh air Norder. A new dimension really in our so far static attack.
    thats good to hear....was no fancy footwork or cracking goal - but there's time - it's early days...and if he can help lift them out of the lugubrious fog they've been stuck in....then all power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I wouldn't say they'd have a nightmare, but he certainly adds a big plus on our movement going forward.
    agreed....until otherwise thoroughly proven - any Nightmare would be of their own making !

He looks sharp and providing he keeps this up he will cause problems for teams and I think he may score plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I didn't see the first half - his goal touched in from a lucky deflection/block...and the second that I did...only gave him 15 mins before he was subbed, so not enough for me to analyse - would be interested to hear from others that saw his first half performance, what they thought.
    You can see the first half here Norder:
    http://www.footballorgin.net/2018/09...remier-league/

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    You can see the first half here Norder:
    http://www.footballorgin.net/2018/09...remier-league/
    thanks Will..........but iv'e decided to hold out until his next PL game - besides...am happy with the glowing reports....so will trust in them to take me there.

Surprised me how stocky he is! His low centre of gravity makes it hard to knock him off the ball and he is averaging a goal a game.

Starting to look like another bargain buy!

I wonder if we can swap Hendrick for someone half decent in January?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 25-09-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Surprised me how stocky he is! His low centre of gravity makes it hard to knock him off the ball and he is averaging a goal a game.

Starting to look like another bargain buy!

I wonder if we can swap Hendrick for someone half decent in January?
    I guess all transfers in and swapping depend on where we are in January.

But how can you be a fan of the January window when the players we needed pre-season just weren't there?

Buying in January--for what?

Panic because we are close to relegation?

If we are in a good position you will see no new faces come January--otherwise it makes a full mockery of not acting pre-season.

It was a serious cock-up in the July window blueheeler, January just gives us the opportunity to rectify the mistake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)