+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stoke(away)predictions

Stoke(away)predictions

They will be boosted by their upturn in form while we will be tired by our physical encounter
    2-1 loss

Can we do it again? I gather Stoke were a bit lucky against Swansea. I don't think they will be as dominant as Derby.
    Surely we can't be under quite that much pressure twice in a row!
    There will be some tired legs, but we can make changes if necessary.
    1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Can we do it again? I gather Stoke were a bit lucky against Swansea. I don't think they will be as dominant as Derby.
    Surely we can't be under quite that much pressure twice in a row!
    There will be some tired legs, but we can make changes if necessary.
    1-1.

I will go 0-1 Rovers. tough to call these games, as they are always so tight. A refereeing decision, hitting a post, a defensive mistake could be the difference. Either way, it will be very close and we will go stand toe to toe with them and give them a hard time.

As we have discussed at length Auks, after my comments about saying I will let Derby worry about us, than us sat worrying about them.
    Like Villa, Like all the other sides (apart from Bristol City) .....we will respect them, we will have a strong game plan. But we wont fear anyone. Why should we?

My case in point last night. 'Frank Lampards' Derby, to give them their correct name, have spent a fortune. Have a great up and coming manager so I am advised. And have been a strong Champ side. They could not break us down in 90 mins. Simple as that.
    So I was never going to sit and be concerned awaiting this game, because on paper we should lose.
    I heard we had a really run of tough games, where we would struggle to pick up points. But we haven't showed signs of that. I just believe we should have more faith in what's happening. As in no way are we here to make up the numbers. Stoke like Derby, and Villa are bigger, have spent more and should by rights be able to blow us away. But it doesn't work like that, because we have an astute manager who will have us prepared.

The difference being, imagine if we had the riches of these teams that are no better than us? I think we could do some serious damage, with an excellent manager. Which is exactly the direction we are heading.

Not too sure we got a really battering either?
    And if so, shouldn't we be all really proud we held out and didn't concede one goal in this battering?

I'm slightly disappointed we didn't get all 3 as Dack would normally not miss a chance like that. And I bet he doesn't miss the next one.
    While they (as the home team and having spent a small fortune) will create chances, they didn't create one as good or as clear cut as Dacks.

We went away to a side fancied to go up, who are operating on a Prem League budget, and didn't concede. And I'm not sure I agree we took a battering. Unless they where absolutely god awful in front of goal.
    Which it doesn't say in any report I have read.

Another draw.. 2-2..

We need to start picking up wins at some point though!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Not too sure we got a really battering either?
    And if so, shouldn't we be all really proud we held out and didn't concede one goal in this battering?

I'm slightly disappointed we didn't get all 3 as Dack would normally not miss a chance like that. And I bet he doesn't miss the next one.
    While they (as the home team and having spent a small fortune) will create chances, they didn't create one as good or as clear cut as Dacks.

We went away to a side fancied to go up, who are operating on a Prem League budget, and didn't concede. And I'm not sure I agree we took a battering. Unless they where absolutely god awful in front of goal.
    Which it doesn't say in any report I have read.
    I think we faced an onslaught, but we didn't get "battered" because we defended so well. The disappointment was the starting front three, who looked a bit clueless as to what to do in that situation. I am rarely critical of TM, but I am still puzzled as to why Conway was taken off, rather than Palmer or/and Armstrong. Neither made a significant contribution.
    I suspect that will have given Mowbray food for thought. The problem is, can Graham play for 90 minutes, twice a week?
    We look most threatening when Bennett, Dack and Graham are all on the field together, and other contenders are probably going to have to fit in around that.
    It is clear that TM wants to build a "footballing" team over a couple of seasons, but at the moment, it is very difficult to drop the "soldiers" - as Tuesday made clear.

Stoke 1 Rovers 2

0 - 2

I can't get the games on the tube, or streaming up to now, but I read the text of each one of the games via Lancashire Telegraph/BBC/Sky Sports.

I would say at this point, we are holding our own. 1 point against both AV and Derby are good results in all fairness, and from what I read, we do NOT fear anyone. This is a very solid, inspirational team.

I think we can beat Stoke...0-1.

We need more offense as the season ticks on....goals win games, and we've not been terribly goal-happy...yet!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanRover View Post
    I can't get the games on the tube, or streaming up to now, but I read the text of each one of the games via Lancashire Telegraph/BBC/Sky Sports.

I would say at this point, we are holding our own. 1 point against both AV and Derby are good results in all fairness, and from what I read, we do NOT fear anyone. This is a very solid, inspirational team.

I think we can beat Stoke...0-1.

We need more offense as the season ticks on....goals win games, and we've not been terribly goal-happy...yet!
    AR - have you tried iFollow? Most games are available live in NZ, but I'm not sure about the USA. If you CAN get them, they're a reasonable price. My guess is that a live game would be about 8 $US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)