+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Win Win

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Not heard a name that really interest me.

Neilson maybe but a bit uninspiring.

Wright is an arsehole. Effective but an arsehole and I expect he will be looking at Norn Iron job next.

Just an interesting side point but you could you imagine, for a second, that the next manager ended up being awful.

Where could we end up? High stakes.

Would need to do what Hibs did with Lennon. Like him or not, winner as player and manager, managed in top European competition. For Hibs he had the right pedigree. We need someone like that. Almost a banker of an appointment.

(Not an argument for keeping Csaba just an interesting thought. a scary one mind)
    Lennon was not a banker of an appointment at all. He had just come away from being one of the worst Bolton managers in their history and relegating them to the 3rd tier for the first time since the early 90's. His success at Celtic was at a time when there wasn't any opposition of note due to Rangers' demise. Large number of Hibs fans were not happy with his appointment and were not happy with the start he made, despite having the "biggest" club and biggest budget in the league. It has to be said he has done a good, not spectacular, job at Hibs since.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Im happy to answer this too, few guys i work with are season ticket holders at county, info they've gave me was that the players hated him, one player left pre season early as his wife was pregnant and due to give birth with some complications, anyway McIntyre fined him for leaving, Richard Foster was part of the players reps for SFA or something and went to him with a case for not fining him and he was promptly terminated, he was also supposedly pumping a 16 year old lassie up there too, according to the guys, they've absolutely no reason to lie, he was hardly at training, bad attitude all in all going with that he made mixu and ****namara look good!
    They have no reason to lie and neither do the overwhelming number of posters on here. That doesn't stop 90%+ of the "inside" information that comes on here being taken straight from the diary of Walter Mitty.

One thing for sure is that any new manager is a gamble but we can't just get the next guy in because he is better than the one we've got he needs to be the right choice and here for the long term. What calibre of manager can we attract to the Championship though or afford for that matter?

Really don't know what everyone sees in Neilson,he's largely untested and would definitely be a gamble.

Wright would get us up and then bring us stability but doubt he'd get us challenging for top 4/5 at the expense of any of the so called bigger 5 than us.

Houston can GTF.

We are bigger than St. Johnstone. Probably always will be. We certainly aren't better than them. Not by a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    They have no reason to lie and neither do the overwhelming number of posters on here. That doesn't stop 90%+ of the "inside" information that comes on here being taken straight from the diary of Walter Mitty.
    Agree with this, most of the 'facts" turn out to be a lot of ****e. A bit irresponsible to say on a forum that he was pumping a 16 year old .
    Mud sticks and that.

The next managerial appointment whenever that maybe has to be right that's a fact. The board need to take their time and get the right person. Experienced preferably and defo no gambles on inexperience or going for the cheap options. The new person has to unite the team for a start and build up confidence within the squad, next they need to United the fans, the squad and the club together again. Then and only then will we be ready for success. I'm worried that if the next appointment isn't correct then we will be stuck in this league like the fun were for years to come.

The only thing that'll United the fans is the team getting results. Ultimately, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    The next managerial appointment whenever that maybe has to be right that's a fact. The board need to take their time and get the right person. Experienced preferably and defo no gambles on inexperience or going for the cheap options. The new person has to unite the team for a start and build up confidence within the squad, next they need to United the fans, the squad and the club together again. Then and only then will we be ready for success. I'm worried that if the next appointment isn't correct then we will be stuck in this league like the fun were for years to come.
    The whole "cheap option" is a myth. The managers we have taken have been well paid and well backed. We were prepared to go after Wright knowing that it would take a hefty compo but were knocked back. Those managers may have been ultimately the wrong choices but they weren't cheap options.

And we also have the issue the problem that no viable appointment will unite the fans. You want experience but no experienced manager will come without baggage and if they don't have instant success some fans will be right on top of them. An up and coming manager could revolutionise our club and fortunes but unless they have instant success the people who wanted experience will be right on top of them. As TTT says, the only thing that will unite everybody is positive results. If a new manager is to come in soon, they need to be given the time (I'd argue 3 years) to actually develop the club.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    If a new manager is to come in soon, they need to be given the time (I'd argue 3 years) to actually develop the club.
    A lot of fans will never this acceptable. This is where I'm currently at with Csaba and a lot of folk think I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A lot of fans will never this acceptable. This is where I'm currently at with Csaba and a lot of folk think I'm crazy.
    Think most fans would be patient with a new manager if wins were slow to come but they saw progress in terms of the spirit, tactics, motivation, pace, aggression, never say die, attacking from the first minute. If they saw a team that was developing a pattern of play that looked promising, attacking with pace and style. The fans are seeing none of the above, and with the players that have been playing so far - ie minus Fyvie - the fans believe a decent manager would have us top. ie no need for a 3 year plan, that's rewarding failure at this level

Remember Csaba's task was to get us up LAST season, not this season. He failed last season and there's zero evidence to suggest he's improved us.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)