+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Win Win

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Please not McIntyre!!!!
    This.

Thank you for mcintyre 90 and the relegation derby of 2005 though

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    This.

Thank you for mcintyre 90 and the relegation derby of 2005 though
    Not looking for an argument but interested in your opinions on McIntyre. On the face of it he did well at Dunfermline (winning this league by 10 points) and won a trophy at Ross County.

I'd welcome him back to Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    Not looking for an argument but interested in your opinions on McIntyre. On the face of it he did well at Dunfermline (winning this league by 10 points) and won a trophy at Ross County.

This is where I stand, also!

That being said there are many other candidates who would do better than Dr Wafflepish

I refer to one of my earlier post about throwing outsiders names in to the hat.

Would anyone have any of the names I've thrown in below.

Previous post:

Just to throw a few different names out there, what about the like of tried and tested managers like Jimmy calderwood, Jim Jefferies, Bobby Williamson and Billy Reid. Then maybe untested ex players Barry Robson,James McFadden or Callum Davidson all highly thought of in the Scottish game. Either experience or no experience in management it's a risk

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    I refer to one of my earlier post about throwing outsiders names in to the hat.

Would anyone have any of the names I've thrown in below.

Previous post:

Just to throw a few different names out there, what about the like of tried and tested managers like Jimmy calderwood, Jim Jefferies, Bobby Williamson and Billy Reid. Then maybe untested ex players Barry Robson,James McFadden or Callum Davidson all highly thought of in the Scottish game. Either experience or no experience in management it's a risk
    Of the old heads, Billy Reid is the only one i would consider, but i thought Calderwood has bowed out due to illness and couldnay handle Jeffries or Blobby!

Robson im not sure about and not sure that Davidson would take in this kind of job at the minute.

Think my preferred option for now if there is no money, Shabba is moved upstairs and the team is handed to Ellis and Easton.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post

Im happy to answer this too, few guys i work with are season ticket holders at county, info they've gave me was that the players hated him, one player left pre season early as his wife was pregnant and due to give birth with some complications, anyway McIntyre fined him for leaving, Richard Foster was part of the players reps for SFA or something and went to him with a case for not fining him and he was promptly terminated, he was also supposedly pumping a 16 year old lassie up there too, according to the guys, they've absolutely no reason to lie, he was hardly at training, bad attitude all in all going with that he made mixu and ****namara look good!

Houston to be named no.2 at Morton

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Of the old heads, Billy Reid is the only one i would consider, but i thought Calderwood has bowed out due to illness and couldnay handle Jeffries or Blobby!

Robson im not sure about and not sure that Davidson would take in this kind of job at the minute.

Think my preferred option for now if there is no money, Shabba is moved upstairs and the team is handed to Ellis and Easton.
    As a wee side note met Jimmy over here about a year ago at a Malaga game. Said he applied for United job when Mixu got it. Told me he never even got a reply from the club. Sadly he is to ill now but who knows what have been.

Big dunc is at Newcastle not Everton he number 2 at Newcastle he woukd be a great manager for us

Billy Reid would also be the only name I'd take but he's no. 2 at Swansea and I'd highly doubt he'd leave a new post so soon for a Shambles of a club like us.

Robson would be intriguing but probably not what we need right now.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)