Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
The whole "cheap option" is a myth. The managers we have taken have been well paid and well backed. We were prepared to go after Wright knowing that it would take a hefty compo but were knocked back. Those managers may have been ultimately the wrong choices but they weren't cheap options.

And we also have the issue the problem that no viable appointment will unite the fans. You want experience but no experienced manager will come without baggage and if they don't have instant success some fans will be right on top of them. An up and coming manager could revolutionise our club and fortunes but unless they have instant success the people who wanted experience will be right on top of them. As TTT says, the only thing that will unite everybody is positive results. If a new manager is to come in soon, they need to be given the time (I'd argue 3 years) to actually develop the club.
Think you're being revisionist to suit your standpoint. As I understand it of the candidates that walked into Tannadice in our relegation season two were Stuart McCall and Mixu. Now I don't know what the conversations were but I do know who walked out with job. Both were free agents but ST took the turkey and we got Christmas as a result