+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Win Win

Win Win

Heard from a very good placed insider CL p45 is on a shoogly peg
    To keep it short if Utd are not top after ICT game he's gone but less than 7 pts in next 3 and he's gone before then

There are 3 names that are on radar to take over will try and press for these and update

R.Neilson is one.

Was told he’d met with the club. The guy who told me is rarely wrong.

If true that they’re drawing up short lists and / or meeting with replacements then just let him go now.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    R.Neilson is one.

Was told he’d met with the club. The guy who told me is rarely wrong.
    Neilson would be a risky appointment in my opinion. I've always been quite impressed with the way he spoke but his performance as a manager without CL's guidance haven't lived up to expectation.

Saying that, we're not exactly going to be falling over applications from top managerial talent.

All things considered, I struggle to see anyone who can match Peter Houston in terms of knowing the club, knowing what's required and having good contacts in the game. Would he be interested?

Neilson left Hearts 2nd in the Prem.

People say ‘Levein picked the team’ so why did they fail under Cathro?

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    Neilson left Hearts 2nd in the Prem.

People say ‘Levein picked the team’ so why did they fail under Cathro?
    Maybe Cathro wasn't as comfortable with CL's influence?

I'm not saying Neilson would be a bad appointment, I quite like him. The problem with him is that he hasn't been successful at multiple clubs or without a good budget.

Houston did well with Falkirk over a couple of seasons, on a limited budget. Saying that, the wheels fell off massively for him towards the end.

Tough call, but I think everyone would welcome a bit of the stability and organisation we used to have under CL. Houston was part of that and my hope would be that he knows what's required to achieve it again.

Neilson or Houston would be ideal imo

Trust me, not Uncle Pete.

neilson or jimmy mac for me

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)