+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Win Win

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    The whole "cheap option" is a myth. The managers we have taken have been well paid and well backed. We were prepared to go after Wright knowing that it would take a hefty compo but were knocked back. Those managers may have been ultimately the wrong choices but they weren't cheap options.

And we also have the issue the problem that no viable appointment will unite the fans. You want experience but no experienced manager will come without baggage and if they don't have instant success some fans will be right on top of them. An up and coming manager could revolutionise our club and fortunes but unless they have instant success the people who wanted experience will be right on top of them. As TTT says, the only thing that will unite everybody is positive results. If a new manager is to come in soon, they need to be given the time (I'd argue 3 years) to actually develop the club.
    Think you're being revisionist to suit your standpoint. As I understand it of the candidates that walked into Tannadice in our relegation season two were Stuart McCall and Mixu. Now I don't know what the conversations were but I do know who walked out with job. Both were free agents but ST took the turkey and we got Christmas as a result

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Think you're being revisionist to suit your standpoint. As I understand it of the candidates that walked into Tannadice in our relegation season two were Stuart McCall and Mixu. Now I don't know what the conversations were but I do know who walked out with job. Both were free agents but ST took the turkey and we got Christmas as a result
    So what point is revisionist? Are you saying we never tried to get Tommy Wright? Are you saying that the wages/budgets offered to McCall were so poor he wouldn't accept them? I think you are still mistaking the "cheap" option with the wrong option. I'm not saying Mixu, Ray or Csaba have been the right options. But none of them have been cheap and none of them have received anything other than a strong backing from the board.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A lot of fans will never this acceptable. This is where I'm currently at with Csaba and a lot of folk think I'm crazy.
    I have a lot of sympathy with your stance. My argument against would be he wasn't chosen by the current board and as others have said, the lack of any sign of progress during his time. Though he has had mitigating circumstances last season. I'm more or less on the fence in all honesty as I think there is merit in both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Think most fans would be patient with a new manager if wins were slow to come but they saw progress in terms of the spirit, tactics, motivation, pace, aggression, never say die, attacking from the first minute. If they saw a team that was developing a pattern of play that looked promising, attacking with pace and style. The fans are seeing none of the above, and with the players that have been playing so far - ie minus Fyvie - the fans believe a decent manager would have us top. ie no need for a 3 year plan, that's rewarding failure at this level

Remember Csaba's task was to get us up LAST season, not this season. He failed last season and there's zero evidence to suggest he's improved us.
    Replace broad brush phrases like "the fans" with "SOME fans".

B4 i go said:
    19-09-2018 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Heard from a very good placed insider CL p45 is on a shoogly peg
    To keep it short if Utd are not top after ICT game he's gone but less than 7 pts in next 3 and he's gone before then

There are 3 names that are on radar to take over will try and press for these and update
    Sorry but , sounds like that scene from trainspotting. Russian sailors, kilo oh smack going cheap to any jakey wee 2 grand blah blahblah.

I understand why you were sceptical but like I said less than 7 pts from the 3 games and he was gone

Fair play AJ but,a 5-1 demolition surely moved it along no? Perversely was probably best score that could have happened as a 1-1 draw would still see him here going by the 7 points theory🧐🧐

If only we knew
    A) it would have to take a 1-5 defeat for lazlo to go most would have thought lazlo would be boss for years
    and
    if a 1-5 defeat would happen we would all have been down to bookies

All I said was if he didn't get 7pts from the Falkirk, Ross C and Ayr games he would be gone.
    I can accept you questioning if after the 1-5 he was still there but he isn't

Perhaps you would be better staying away from supporting Utd as you sound very negative, angry and quick to slate.
    Is it any wonder the Utd fans get slated with so called supporters like you around

wow that was some prediction!! 7of 9 ( god i love her)
    I dont go to tannadice unless i feel like it.And i dont have to explain myself to the likes of you

Been there done it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)