+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky red button

Sky red button

Anyone watch the Rotherham game on the red button? Talk about rudimentary coverage, I think it was a guy in the Doug Ellis using his phone 😎. Very slow pan, no closeups, no replays. You could see the footage on the VP screens was miles better. Someone suggested it was one guy in the Sky studio operating all 7 red buttons by remote. Could be.
    I suppose we should be 'grateful' for any coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by bbvilla View Post
    Anyone watch the Rotherham game on the red button? Talk about rudimentary coverage, I think it was a guy in the Doug Ellis using his phone 😎. Very slow pan, no closeups, no replays. You could see the footage on the VP screens was miles better. Someone suggested it was one guy in the Sky studio operating all 7 red buttons by remote. Could be.
    I suppose we should be 'grateful' for any coverage.

Totally agree BBV very poor coverage. 😱

Camera looked out of focus with players looking like faceless blobs running around. 😤

Like you say better than nothing only just though. 🤪

Couldn’t agree more folks, I flicked over at half and full time to the later K.Os and twas the same. Seems all the coms came from a studio, not at the grounds. P1ss poor sound and pics at them all.
    Re the replays bb, I was pressing rewind for the goals, the players took so long to return to positions after scoring, we managed to get 3 or 4 looks at em.

Still better than nothing as you both say. Looks like all the midweekers are on the red button this season, except Brizzle, a week on Friday (not televised at all for some reason).

Bristol v Villa is on the Sky red button.

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post
    Bristol v Villa is on the Sky red button.
    Thanks for that mate. This news ensures that my subconscious passive masochistic ego will be tuning in.
    That’s the problem with SKY tv. Living in Ireland, there are many reasonable excuses that I can console my guilt with for not going. With the match on tv, I would never forgive myself for missing it. No matter what, I can’t control my need/craving for anything AVFC.
    I’m fifty bloody four and still as mad for it as ever. It’s an addiction I suppose.

It’s the ‘Hope’ that does you.

I am not a Sky sports subscriber as the only games I’m interested in watching are obviously the Villa’s so I either purchase a now tv day pass when the Villa are being covered by Sky for £7.99 or such as the Rotherham game & now the Bristol game I will watch them through the AVFC app on my smart phone for a £10 fee slightly more expensive but better coverage than Sky imo
    This service from AVFC applies to midweek games only & is now available to uk residents
    UTV
    🇪🇬🇺🇸🇨🇳🇬🇧

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)