+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chinese Servitude.

Chinese Servitude.

The Chinese government are implementing a Mandatory Social Evaluation System....to rate the trustworthiness of the country's citizens.

Under the social credit scheme, points are lost and gained based on readings from a sophisticated network of 200 million surveillance cameras — a figure set to triple in 18 months.
    The program has been enabled by rapid advances in facial recognition, body scanning and geo-tracking.
    The data is combined with information collected from individuals’ government records — including medical and educational — along with their financial and internet browsing histories. Overall scores can go up and down in “real time” dependant on the person’s behaviour but they can also be affected by people they associate with.
    “If your best friend or your dad says something negative about the government, you’ll lose points too,”

Under the system, those deemed to be “top citizens” are rewarded bonus points.

Jaywalking, late payments on bills or taxes, buying too much alcohol or speaking out against the government, each cost citizens points.

But punishable offences include spending too long playing video games, wasting money on frivolous purchases and posting on social media, Penalties range from losing the right to travel by plane or train, social media account suspensions and being barred from government jobs.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...eeb3ec3dc98abf

haven't heard from turfite "Map" for a while - wonder if there's some connection - if he has any...been a naughty lad ?

as for frivolous purchases....could try boycotting Chinese products - though wouldn't be much left....we would gain points...but anyway - the Fascist Scum will be rolling it out here soon, as not heard them complain about it.

Last edited by Norder; 19-09-2018 at 06:10 PM.

I have not been a "naughty lad", just very busy :-).

Please don't believe everything that is written about China.
    For whatever reason I only see negative opinions from outside China.
    I visited Burnley, earlier this year, I was astonished by the amount of survailance cameras that seemed to be everywhere.
    I had to prove that I was English, my passport wasn't accepted because I had been out of the country for 1 year (I had to renew it) despite the fact that I am English, a valid passport wasn't accepted ?
    I have been living in China for 11 years, not continuously, returning to England a few times.

To be blunt, if you've never been to China, lived here, then it's unfair for people to make assumptions.
    China is a beautful country, friendly people and very open to people from other countries, if you are qualified.

Visit China and then voice an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

The Chinese government are implementing a Mandatory Social Evaluation System....to rate the trustworthiness of the country's citizens.

Under the social credit scheme, points are lost and gained based on readings from a sophisticated network of 200 million surveillance cameras — a figure set to triple in 18 months.
    The program has been enabled by rapid advances in facial recognition, body scanning and geo-tracking.
    The data is combined with information collected from individuals’ government records — including medical and educational — along with their financial and internet browsing histories. Overall scores can go up and down in “real time” dependant on the person’s behaviour but they can also be affected by people they associate with.
    “If your best friend or your dad says something negative about the government, you’ll lose points too,”

Under the system, those deemed to be “top citizens” are rewarded bonus points.

Jaywalking, late payments on bills or taxes, buying too much alcohol or speaking out against the government, each cost citizens points.

But punishable offences include spending too long playing video games, wasting money on frivolous purchases and posting on social media, Penalties range from losing the right to travel by plane or train, social media account suspensions and being barred from government jobs.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...eeb3ec3dc98abf

haven't heard from turfite "Map" for a while - wonder if there's some connection - if he has any...been a naughty lad ?

as for frivolous purchases....could try boycotting Chinese products - though wouldn't be much left....we would gain points...but anyway - the Fascist Scum will be rolling it out here soon, as not heard them complain about it.

Some bugger's translated 1984 into Chinese. They copy everything them bloody Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I have not been a "naughty lad", just very busy :-).

Please don't believe everything that is written about China.
    For whatever reason I only see negative opinions from outside China.
    I visited Burnley, earlier this year, I was astonished by the amount of survailance cameras that seemed to be everywhere.
    I had to prove that I was English, my passport wasn't accepted because I had been out of the country for 1 year (I had to renew it) despite the fact that I am English, a valid passport wasn't accepted ?
    I have been living in China for 11 years, not continuously, returning to England a few times.

To be blunt, if you've never been to China, lived here, then it's unfair for people to make assumptions.
    China is a beautful country, friendly people and very open to people from other countries, if you are qualified.

Visit China and then voice an opinion.
    I don't believe most of what is written - Map....and wouldn't have believed this, some time ago, but the writings been on the wall for quite a while (Numbered, numbered, weighed, divided) and didn't fade - just became bolder...and yes, as you found - it's tentacles reach everywhere.
    Am sure China has it's beautiful places, no doubt - and that the people are friendly etc....I think the majority are - and I think world over the people would get on fine if left alone, without the ruling pigs spinning terror...dividing us, habitualy manipulating the people into a foreboding condition....but as for that article and others , from what I can tell, it does lean thruthful...which to myself - is extremely worrying.

Be well Map - and good to hear from you.

https://www.merics.org/en/china-monitor/content/5071

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Some bugger's translated 1984 into Chinese
    widely available in China nowadays - Sinkov....and no, was never supposed to be enshrined into law !

...the first Chinese translations of 1984 were available only in Taiwan, the first in 1950 and the second in 1953. It took almost forty years for the book to be available on the mainland.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)