+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T best Ramones song...

A great photo of Hitchens, quite like it. Be popping over in December if there is still a country to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    A great photo of Hitchens, quite like it. Be popping over in December if there is still a country to visit.
    Those teeth! But it keeps drawing my eye to it. Horribly effective avatar. Christmas in the old country, eh.

I saw them at De Montfort Hall? in Leicester,in the early 80s.Unfortunately,they were probably the worst band ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22 View Post
    I saw them at De Montfort Hall? in Leicester,in the early 80s.Unfortunately,they were probably the worst band ive seen.
    Thankfully I was spared ever having to see them but definitely one of the worst bands I have heard; derivative, posing, vain, talentless. Other than that not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The Ramones DID play a song called "Ramona" - might not be the one that you're thinking of though...
    Mike, I just read the lyrics to this song. Appalling, degenerate, ***ist and seems to be about bonking a (probably under age) groupie. A nice bunch of lads.

Are you talking about "My Sharona" because that was by The Knack and it was indeed about that.

This is the Ramones song "Ramona":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlQ9O0HzfPc

EDIT: Listening to the lyrics, maybe you did mean that one, feel sorry for women called Ramona.
    Last edited by great_fire; 23-09-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Just revisited Rocket to Russia and I would like to revise my previous fave Ramones song to "ALL OF THEM" What a band these guys were.

The lyrics to that song are pretty dodgy and misogynistic though to be fair.

Not quite as bad as "My Sharona" but pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The lyrics to that song are pretty dodgy and misogynistic though to be fair.

Not quite as bad as "My Sharona" but pretty bad.
    Agreed on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Agreed on both counts.
    I think we can forgive them though now since they're all dead.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast